Part 11

A few hours passed since you entered the hospital

A few hours passed since you entered the hospital.  The nurses were able to get you in fast enough to be able to test you and get you your results.  Your treatment hasn't started quite yet, but you weren't too worried.  You only had the flu, and it was only in its beginning stages.  April stayed with you the entire time.  She didn't really need to, but she felt like she should stay to make sure that you remained safe. 

As you lie on the bed, you stare at the screen across the room that displayed the nightly news.  Your attention quickly fades and your head rolls over to look at April.  "Hey, April..."

She looks down at you and hums in response. 

"I'm going to be okay to go home on my own, right?"  You weren't sure why you were concerned with this topic. 

"What do you mean?  You won't be going home today."

A new fear rises up and forms a lump inside of your throat.  "Not today?  But my insurance-"

"Shhh, I can help pay for it if you need it."

"April, no!  Bad April."

April laughs.  "You're absolutely adorable." 

You make a pout on your face, unable to cross your arms due to the needle sticking inside of one of them. 

"What're you pouting for, (N/n)?" 

You gasp and express a face of Awe.  April looks to you in confusion.  "You've never called me by my nickname!  That feels like a first."  You slur your last sentence.

"Take a nap, alright?"  April chuckles. 

"Okayyyyy."  You whine.  You were tired anyways so it worked out for you, too. 

---

Your eyes flutter open as a bright, heavenly light burns your eyes.

Looking around as your vision comes back, you see nobody else in your room but you. You look at the chair that April once took a seat in only to see her supplies. She was nowhere to be seen, but she was still within the perimeters of the hospital. Well, she had to be.

Sitting up on your bed, you realize that your body felt a little stronger than it had just hours ago. You rest your arm on your stomach as the organ cries out for food. As if April had heard your stomach from a mile away, she walks in seconds later with food from the hospital food court.

Your eyes beam with glee as you see food in her arms.

"I see you're awake. Want some food?" April asks, her voice soft as the clouds.

You smile brightly and nod rapidly. "I would love some food."

April chuckles and walks over you your bedside. She hands you a sub she had picked up. She had kept the salad for herself.