Chapter 22: It Only Took Too Long

When Taehyung got to the studio Jungkook pounced on him as soon as he entered the room. "After two whole months you finally got some" he smiled brightly as he jumped up and down excited with his hands on his shoulders. Tae was bright red and unamused.

He looked around the room and locked eyes with Jimin. Him. He had said something. Walking away from the maknae without a word, he headed towards his best friend. His face was expressionless, but his eyes were hard and unforgiving.

"I can explain" Jimin panicked as he got closer pulling a sheepish smile.

"Really? Did you have to?" Tae asked disappointed.

"I only told Kookie, because he's known since the beginning, but that's it" he defended himself.

"Well, that's fine then I" the younger was saying relieved when the rest of the members came in.

"Taehyungie has a girlfriend, finally, guys!" Jungkook shared the news and Tae sighed frustrated "nevermind, Jimin-ah" he breathed out and turned around to face them.

"That girl that you had lunch with a couple weeks ago?" Namjoon asked and he nodded.

"She seemed nice" Hobi added smiling absentmindedly as he went through some of his notes.

"Did you get me those drafts I asked you for?" Yoongi asked seemingly not paying attention to the topic.

"I'm still working on it, hyung, I haven't found them all" he said glad the conversation was taking a different turn.

"Too busy with your girlfriend in the apartment?" the older one smirked and Tae stopped breathing.

"Wait, what?" Jin finally paid attention when things got interesting.

They all turned around to look at Tae in shock, except for Yoongi who was chuckling as he looked down at his laptop.

"Really, hyung" Tae raised his voice at the figure hunched over the screen. He happened to know he was house-sitting because he had asked for these files on Friday.

"Okay okay, moving on" Jin said distracting everyone when he saw the extremely uncomfortable look on Taehyung's face. Some good fun never hurt anyone, but this was just getting out of hand, he thought as he walked up to him. "I got you" he said with a smile winking and patted the younger's back briefly.

What was the big deal with him taking his time? Tae thought annoyed. Why was it that everyone expected kissing and relationships to happen in a rush. He had learned not to take things lightly, he had learned to appreciate the shoulder hugs, the hand holding, the cuddling, everything that lead to that first kiss. He felt overly bothered by everyone else's expectations all of a sudden.

He didn't want the easy girls that seemed to be drawn to him and you didn't want the jerks that would readily be all over you if you let them. You and him, you were fine. Now if everyone could mind their own business and not make it harder for him, that would be great, he thought.

His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were pressed together as he was deep in thought. He snapped out of it when Hobi walked past him and squeezed his shoulder.

"Okay, shall we start?" he said as he went over everyone's position in the choreography they had to work on.

After your alarm went off, you reached to your night-table to take your phone and turn it off and you found your morning message from Tae. You felt a mix of happy and sad because while you looked forward to it every morning, the last two you had had the pleasure of having him right next to you as soon as you opened your eyes.