The trip continues: Ch 39

Start from the beginning

You turned back, and his eyes were once again looking at you.

Your faced morphed into a quizzical expression before you spoke, "I only tripped a little. I am fine, really," you said with a nod that you hoped was reasuring. "I am not hurt baldly and am definitely not in shock so you don't have to try and keep me warm".

He shook his head and spoke, "it's not all right. Keep the hood on".

You rose an eyebrow, trying to figure him out, "I am definitely okay".

No one said anything, Tae just placed his hand on Junkook's shoulder, the youngest pulling the mask that lay disregarded on your chin back over your face. Then Taehyung squeezed his hand, clamping it upon his brothers arm. He got the message, quickly taking the sunglasses from the hand that offered them and sliding them over your eyes. He never broke eye contact, eyen as he stood, taking you with him before passing you to the arms of his awaiting brother.

You flailed about slightly in Taehyung's arms, startled by the situation. Once you settled into the position and the red of embarrassment warmed your cheeks as you realised that you were being held by a famous man, a guy you definitely had some kind of crush on, you stilled before speaking, "uh, guys, I-I really am fine. I can walk buy myself".

Next to him you saw Junkook shake his head.

"No, you are fine now. Stay as you are, you are safe," Tae rumbled into your ear.

You damn near passed out with that, forcing a squeak to stay inside of you because you wouldn't have been able to handle your embarrassment if it had been set free.

"N-no need to carry me. As you said, I am safe. So could you let me down now?" You pleaded.

"No," he deadpaned looking down at you and you could only raise an eyebrow in response.

From behind you, you heard Hoseok explain, "we are being followed".

Your eyes widened as you lifted your head. Unable to turn all the way around to face him you settled on Jungkook beside you. "Whaaaa?? By whom?" you questioned.

"We don't know," Namjoon explained, "hopefully it is just the paparazzi.

"Those are words that shouldn't be together," you stated in a almost whisper, the nerves of the situation getting to you. "'Hopefully' it is 'just' the paparazzi? 'Just'? 'Hopefully'? It's the paparazzi and last time I checked they weren't good and no one is ever happy to see them. What is worse than the paparazzi?" you asked as you sought clarification.

"A lot of things are worse than the paparazzi (y/n)," Junkook said.

"Yeah? What?" You asked desperately before gulping.

"A lot," Tae stated.

You looked up at him and sighed, shaking you head as you looked away again. His face was sturn and you were actually kind of glad to have found no answers there.

"Well, then, since the paparazzi don't register as a threat, could you let me down? It is probably them," you reason.

Again the answer is no and as much as you are enjoying being held in a princess carry, you don't want to appear weak or ruin their reputation.

"But they would have a field day if this got out, 'bts pick up injured girl in shoping center, stay tuned for more after the break'," you mimicked a news announcer before once again lowering your voice. "That would be great," you said sarcastically, breathing heavily into the mask so that the air became stiff.

"Don't worry dear, we won't let them see your face," Hoseok said.

"It isn't my face that I am worried about," you sighed as you had to remind them of the obvious, "you are the famous ones. I am worried about you".

A small smirk pulled at Tae's lips as he began to walk away, holding you just a bit tighter.

Jungkook walked a step ahead, almost guarding your small procession as a proud and extremely gleeful smile danced across his face.

Hoseok smiled up at you as you looked at him. He still walked behind Tae and the top of your head poked out from his embrace just enough to see how Hoseok's eyes crincled in delight.

"Thanks for worrying, but we will be fine," Namjoon assured in a light tone as he took the back left, his arms once again weighed down with the full weight of your shopping.

"Ahh, but are you sure?" You questioned still concerned and uncertain.

"Yes, but it would be best if you weren't alone tonight. We don't know who is following us or why so it would be best if we were there to protect you," Namjoon said truthfully, also seeing an opportunity in the situation.

"Um, I am pretty sure that is what the lock on the front door is for, but you are welcome to come for dinner. I have plenty of food at my house and don't think that I would be able to consume it all by myself before it goes bad. The help would actually be very much appreciated," you informed the group.

"That's set then," Hoseok beamed and you were almost blinded as you glanced past the shadowy arm of Tae to look upon the bright smiling sun.

"I'll inform the others," Jungkook said in a sing song manner.

You were about to look foward at him, mouth open to say something, but your eyes caught a man. A familiar face who staired back at you with an extensive expression of shock.

"Oh, I know that man," you spoke absent mindedly.

"Huh?" Asked Tae.

You looked away from the distancing figure and up at Tae, "the man who is looking at us like we each have four heads or have our faces up on wanted posters. The man over there," you indicated with a slight head nod and each member took a momentary glance.

"How do you know him?" Inquired Namjoon.

"Ah, he is a kind man who helped me once. Quite the gentleman. We talked about a few different things and I um, he has nice taste," you said vaguely not wanting them to find out about your random impulse buys, or how half the discussion you had with him had actually been related to Hoseok's fainting incident. You didn't want them to think you were gossiping or anything. You knew you weren't, there is no way that your discussion of sunflowers was directly linked to it, but your brain did a fumble and that is all you ended up saying in your panicked state. Better to not get in trouble than to try and wiggle your way out, they didn't need details anyway.

Namjoon paused in his step, Hoseok imedietly noticed and turned to face him, slowing down his own canter.

Then Namjoon flicked his head back to face where the awkward man was last stood, his brother's soon catching on to their leaders worry about this 'gentleman'.

Although four pairs of eyes searched the space trickled with people, none could locate the singular man for which their eyes roamed. The person in question had seemed to completely vanished. Much to the dismay of the brothers.

Tae's arms pressed you just that little bit further into his chest and Jungkook gulped. Hoseok look curiously at Namjoon as the leader continued to relentlessly survey the area until they were out of the building and heading to their car.

***

A/N
The title is a joke (not a good one). I laughed. You may not have, but I did.