The Empire: Not The First.

Muneerah's POV.

Everything was blurry as hell, I felt like my head was spinning.

I slowly raise my head.
I was covered completely.

Staggering and falling I start making my way down the stairs.
"Why! Are you hiding her?" I hear a voice.
"She's sleeping" I hear Salma's voice.

"For how long? Are you keeping things from us?"
"What do you think she's keeping from you?" I ask walking out.

I know I was just in my short silky nightgown and short robe but I had to do something.
I didn't know who was who as my vision was still blurry.

I could hear someone gasp, I'm guessing it's Salma.
"Now that you woke me up I'm sure you're happy and proud. You can leave. I'm too tired to handle your drama".

I say and walk back upstairs.
I stagger back to my bed and lie down.

Salma walks in.
"OMG!" she exclaims excitedly.
"Please don't shout".

"Sorry. Sorry".
"I think I need to go back to sleep".

"Of course go ahead".

.

I feel a huge weight on me.
"Ahh!"

I open my eyes and see Muhammed. He had a huge smile on his face.
"When Salma called me I rushed here as soon as I could".

"I'm glad. But you're practically crushing me completely".
"Oh sorry" he pulls away.

"It's fine. It's good to see you awake".
His smile disappears, now looking dead serious "Why would you go around telling people something like that? What if you really died?"

"But I didn't".
"That's not an excuse Muneerah. Don't do that again" he huffs "I had to run out of a meeting with Uncle Musa so I have to head back. Eat and rest, okay?"

"Of course" I smile.

::

I sat down in Salma's living room waiting for her to get back from the Palace food garden.
I honestly don't know why we are still acting like someone might break in and kill me.

It's been 3days since I woke up and I'm always either with Muhammed or Salma. She left about two minutes ago saying her replacement will be here but if Muhammed continues this way he'll be fired from being a Prince if that's possible.

The door opens and Habib walks in.
He freezes surprised before he closes the door and sits.

"Salma just went out" I say.
"I know. I saw her on my way here".

"So hunting turned you into a doctor, how did you know how to get the poison out?" I ask curiously.

"I've had my share of moments with poison but why did you say all those things? You know someone is still going to come after you, right?"

"Baba gave the seven of you a year before he names the next king. And we're running out of time. Whoever it is will get desperate to get rid of me or find someone to frame"

"Are you ready for that?"
"Of course".

He smiles "I knew it since the day I met you".

"Knew what?"
"That you're crazy" he jokes.

"So you could tell I was crazy through the wedding dress, make up and load of jewellery?" I ask laughing.

"That wasn't the first time I met you. You really have a bad memory".

"Then when?" I ask sitting up.
"I went to Edo for a hunting trip and Abdullahi joined me. When we got back he snuck you out to join he and I so you could practice archery".

"Oh god!" I gasp. "That was you?"
"Yes".
"That was 2years back. I remember that day vividly but how could I have forgotten your face? Wow"

"Yeah I'm an easy person to forget".
"Anything but that".

Salma walks in.
"Let's make the tea?" She asks.
"Let me show you how it's done".

Flashback.

I look out the window of Abba's study. Ya Abdullahi was finally back. They've been hunting for three days now. Seeing them back this early means the trip went quite well.

I hurry to the third floor where his lunch was  served.
"You look excited" he says when he walks in.

"I'm not".
"AnywayHow about you help me pack up the small chops so we can head to the range?"

As excited as I was to hear it he has to eat "No. Eat first".
"Just take them downstairs, if I eat pounded yam or anything else now I'll fall asleep and I won't be able to help you. As you know Abba is coming back home tomorrow so—let's just go".

He was right, if I don't do this now I might never get the opportunity again.

I get a huge tray from the kitchen and gather all the fruits and snacks that the maid loaded up for them.

.

There was already a carpet spread out on the grass at the archery range.
I spread them out on the carpet and wait for him to change into something simpler before he comes downstairs and decide to teach me.

"Where is Abdullahi?"
I turn around and see a tall guy, handsome but not really my type.
"He's getting changed".

"Wearing that cape—You must be the sister he's training secretly".

I smile.
"One and only".
"Aren't women not allowed to do such things?"

"Not all women are locked up all day being taught the same thing over and over again" I say.

"That's what my little sister does".
"Your sister is a princess and I'm not".

"How did you know?"
"No one can drive a car with the Aleer Family Banner, not even my uncle Musa".

"Makes sense".
"But how is that place like?" I ask curiously.

"The Palace?"
"Yeah. I've heard it's bigger than 10 stadiums".

He laughs "That is greatly exaggerated".
"I thought so too".

"Don't you have a phone to Google it yourself?"
"Not until I've come of age".
"And which age is that?" He asks tilting his head.

"I don't know I've heard that since I was born but it seems that age will never come".

"It will and by the time it does, you'll miss being kept safe like this. This is what family does. There's the bad one who keeps you from going out and then there's the good one who always wants to please you whether secretly or openly. And Abdullahi does both. It's all a plan".

.
.