The Empire: Set The Date.

(Not Edited)

Leenah's POV.

The four of us sat on one couch while Muhammed and his uncle sat on the one beside ours. He couldn't even look me in the eye, not that I'm blaming him. I'm probably shooting daggers right now.

"It's great to officially meet him, my daughter has talked highly about him" Abba says.

"It didn't look that way. Why was a Prince accused of being a thief?" the man asks.
"No. You just misunderstood the whole situation, that's why" Muhammad says.

"Anyway it's good that you all know the truth" as he said that it was like his whole aura changed, the way he sat down, the way he talked, the way he smiled, the way he spoke with authority. It was like he wasn't the same person.

"It was my fault for keeping such a big part of myself from you, I'm to blame" he says with a frown.

"Of course you are" I blurt out, his uncle glares at me.

Ammi and Aisha have been quiet since we sat down, Aisha's silence brought a smile to my face.

"I will have to leave now but I'll leave setting the date of the greeting to you" Muhammed says "Take care" his uncle was looking at him with so much admiration.

"We'll set it and we'll wait" my mother jokes not even earning a smile.

"We'll give you two space to talk, I'll wait outside" his uncle says. Everyone walks out leaving Muhammed and I.

He walks over to me still looking serious and uptight, he puts his arms around my waist and smiles, his normal goofy smile, the same smile that I fall for each and every time.

"I'm sorry"
"You're forgiven" I blurt out. Ladies—When a guy offends you never make a decision when you're admiring his smile, it's a spell.

I internally scold myself
"Really? I'm forgiven? So can I get a kiss?"

"No. I'm still angry".
"What about on the cheek?" he pecks me on the cheek "On the forehead?" he pecks me on the forehead.

"Lips? What about on the-" I beat him to it, I kiss him first.
"Rough. I like it" he teases me when I pull away. "I'll call you later?"

I only nod back. He gives me a light peck on the cheek and let's go off my waist even though I was hoping he wouldn't let go. Suddenly he's back to his abnormal serious and dominant look, I can never get used to that look and I'm sure as long as we are together I will never get used to it.

He walks out the door and turns around abruptly, I freeze in time so I wouldn't bump into him when his people are watching.

"There's no need walking me out, it's cold outside and what you're wearing is light. Okay?"

"Okay. Drive safely".
He smiles "I will if they let me, I'll call you later"

"Okay" I stand waiting for him to walk but he doesn't.
"I won't move until I see you close this door".

I smile "Goodnight" I close the door and lean on it, I love him.

Now to go and face my family.

::

Muhammed's POV.

"Ma you won't belive it. I was so embarrassed" I say to Ma.

"Muhammed, you're a Prince why would you be embarrassed?" She asks me.

"You won't understand it. I wanted our first encounter with her parents to be royalty free"

I'm in Ma's quarters, I headed there the moment we got back.
She looks at me with a sad look "But you do know why it's better for a Prince to marry someone with royal blood, right?"

"Why?" I ask afraid she might be trying to dissuade me from marrying Leenah.

"Because they know what comes with royalty and the Palace, the Palace is a place for bloodshed, the grave things people do for power. Someone who is royalty knows all this and how to handle it but someone who all her life thinks the palace is the same thing she reads in fairytales, will she be able to handle it? Can she handle the drama and the lust for power?"

"I—Yes—I think she can".
"Don't rush into answering it, think about it"

"Your sister was born and raised in this Palace but she still complains about it even in the Palace there" she adds.

"What are they doing to her? Is she okay?" I ask alarmed. I pray their not treating my sister terribly, if they are then it's going to be a problem for them.

"Muhammed you're not understanding? Don't think about your self interest. Talk to her, don't spare or keep anything from her. If you love her you'll do that much for her".

I nod "Goodnight" I say and walk out.

::

Third Person POV.

"Hm—Khadijah I wish I can celebrate with you but I don't think it's possible".
"Why? Shouldn't hearing that I'm getting married to Prince Abdallah make your day?"

Aisha huffs frustratedly "Not if my sister is getting married to his brother"

"But they are all married".

Aisha laughs "Its true, he's the 5th son so he doesn't count, Muhammad doesn't have any chance of becoming king"

Khadijah almost spills her drink.
"Muhammed?"

"Yeah".

"He's even a bigger threat, no one sees this yet but I do. He is the biggest threat to the throne and no one has noticed it yet"

"So he might be king?" Aisha asks worriedly.
"Exactly and your sister will be queen. Would you like that?"

Aisha frowns. "I can't be marrying a mere judge while my sister marries the king"

"Dissuade her. You have to. Come up with anything. Okay?"

"Alright"

::