"That's why she's a cheerleader," I said.  I was already regretting saying that. 

"I love cheerleaders," Mei stated. "You have to do a cheer for me."

"No!" I snapped at her.

"You have no sense of fun," Mei said with a frown. 

"Monique, are you forgetting  something." I pointed toward all the ingredients that were laid out on the island. 

"Oh, right." Monique measured the vanilla while I put the egg into the bowl.

"Why are you making blondies instead of brownies?" Mei took a seat on the other corner of the island. 

"Byron doesn't like chocolate," Monique answered. 

 "I don't understand people who don't like chocolate. I love chocolate in any shape and form." Mei's eyes never left Monique's

"Say one more thing, I'm going to kick you out," I said in Cantonese. 

Mei held her hands out in mock surrender. 

"So are Devin and Madison a thing now?" Monique questioned while she poured the rest of the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. "They've been hanging out a lot together."

"I don't think so. Devin would have said something to me," I said.  The only reason they were hanging out together was because I kept declining to go with them. I couldn't stand Madison glaring at me the entire time.  Devin was suppose to stop over later and Madison was still getting ready for the dance. Kenzie was already in her suit. She didn't care. 

"What do you think Kenzie?" Monique turned her attention to the twin.

"Don't know. Don't care," Kenzie answered stoically.

"Don't try talking to her," I whispered to Monique. "You'll barely get anything out of her."

Monique nodded as she poured the blondie mixture into the baking pan.

"Are you sure you made that correctly? It looks like caca mix with vomit." Kenzie pointed at the blondie mixture.

"It's fine," I said quickly while Monique looked at the batter in horror. "It'll bake and it'll look good." I took the pan and shoved it into the oven. "Bake time in about twenty-five minutes."

"I can't wait until Byron sees it," Monique said gleefully. "Thank you so much for helping me, Zara."

"No problem, that's what friends are for," I said. "I hope one day I'll get to do this for my girlfriend."

"I don't get it. There are so many pretty girls." Mei pointed toward Monique and Kenzie. "You can't find one girl?"

"Most of the girls are straight or taken already," I said. "I don't want to date anyone younger than me."

"I don't know why you're so interested in finding the one at the moment" Mei said with a shrug. "We're young. We shouldn't be tied down. We need to explore and learn." Mei turned her attention to Monique. "Are you certain you're going to be with this Byron for the rest of life?" 

Monique flinched at the question and it left her completely speechless.

"Mei!" I sent her a glare. 

"I'm just saying. High school love isn't much. People grow and change. They might not be who they were when you first met them," Mei stated.

"Don't listen to her," I said to Monique. "She doesn't like love or relationships." 

"I do like them. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle at the moment," Mei defended. 

"I just want what my parents have. The moment my dad met my mom, he knew he wanted to be with her," I explained. 

Miss Complicatedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें