56: Trust

"Mom, we said small wedding, we really don't need that many invitations", Nolan spoke as he was annoyed by his mom for overriding him. We already knew she wanted a big beautiful wedding, but we had hoped she would respect our wishes.

"These are just extras, just in case", she hinted as she handed me the list. I glanced over it seeing mostly businessmen and women. I assumed they were all from Nolan's work.

"Alright mom, thanks", Nolan said as he took the stack of envelopes and invites in his hand and placed them on the table. He kissed his mom on the cheek wanting her to leave. Her eyes said she didn't want to leave as Nolan was ready to push her out.

"Would like a cup of coffee or tea?", I asked her feeling Nolan's devil eyes eyeing me as she nodded with joy. Nolan squeezed my hand as Alison took off to the kitchen.

"What happened to what we did on the couch", he held me back as I heard Alison roaming through the cabinets looking for a refreshment. He gave me his puppy eyes, as he stood there like a begging child.

"You saw the look in her eyes she really wanted to stay, I promise when she leaves in an hour I will be ready to continue", I hinted at him as he kissed my forehead and I followed him into the kitchen.

An hour had turned into 2 as she had poured another cup of coffee for herself. Nolan had escaped claiming he had work to do and he wished me good luck.

"Do you have anyone you want to invite to the wedding?", she asked me knowing I wouldn't have a large list considering I was practically a loner all my life

"Let me add them", she handed me the list as I scribbled down a couple of names, I invited all of Clara's family, Caroline, and Lauren. My mind froze as I scanned over my list of people to Nolan's, that was just the list his mom had come up with, not even the real one. I had 7 names down and that's it, while Nolan had over 200. The first ones on Nolan's list were his parents, and it made me think of Daniel. I never loved him but he was still my father, he would only make things worse if he came. I scribbled Margaret's name on the list knowing just how much she risked to help me everyday.

I knew in the end I didn't have many people to invite, but they mattered the most to me and besides I was already surrounded by amazing people that I didn't need a large group to feel loved, because the people closest loved me the most.

I gave the list back as I saw Allison's eyes scan my almost empty list. She tucked the paper in her bag and by her eyes I could tell she wasn't surprised I hadn't invited Daniel.

"Oh look at the time, Celine will be furious if we're not on time", she said as I nodded and glanced at the time.

As we got ready to leave, Alison stood by the front door while I stopped by Nolan's wood door. I swung the door open to see his gracious smile. I went to give him a kiss as I saw the many men and women on the screen, going over reports.

He held his finger up to silence me, as the businessmen and women went on rambling about their love for numbers that I could care less about. Nolan's eyes traced my body as he tried to pay attention, my hands slid up my skirt as by his surprised look I knew it was best for him if he ended the meeting.

"Listen guys we went over the reports and Sam, get me that paperwork and other than that we can reconvene tomorrow", he said rushed and eager to find out if I was wearing panties under this high waisted skirt, and of course I was.

"But Sir-", a women intervened as Nolan quickly said bye and ended the meeting. I traipsed over to him as he pulled me down on his lap.

His kisses were soft and passionate as his fingers traced my jaw bone. His hands slowly found their way under my skirt as I wacked it away.