54: Main Focus

Secrets filled my head rapidly, and regret clouded my judgment. My thoughts fumbled as I waited for Nolan to arrive home, I wanted badly to feel his bareback and his sweet lips kiss mine.

The elevator dinged as I waited for the doors to open, I ran and hugged him as I felt my stomach nag at me, but I ignored it. He was home and that's all I could want right now. He smelled of an airplane, hinted with a tad bit of cologne. His hands roamed my shoulders as I kissed him.

"Hi", he said as if we hadn't tried to destroy each other's faces just a second ago. He hauled in his suitcases and it had seemed like he had brought one more back.

"Hi", I stared at his golden eyes and his soft hair, his enticing lips, and his sweet face. I missed him too much.

"I missed you", I told him as he rolled his suitcases to the kitchen and he propped the suitcase open.

"I missed you too", he kissed my head as he picked me up and put me on the countertop. You can imagine what we did for the next hour or two.

"Your mom called yesterday, she wants us to come over for dinner", I mentioned to him as he started making us lunch. He cut up cucumber to add to our salad while I grated carrots into a long string.

"I feel like we just went over there", He said as it was true, we did just go over there the night they got back from their trip.

"I think she just wants to use up every moment with you, because of the accident, she doesn't want to take it for granted, she's being sweet", I told him as I rubbed his tense shoulders and added the carrots to the salad.

We ate the salad splendidly and spent the day working but bundled up next to each other, I had missed his touch so much that I spent every minute craving it.

I changed into a black sundress, as Nolan wore a pair of pants and a dress shirt. I slipped on my heels and grabbed my clutch. We left arriving at Alison's house just on time.

"Natalie, great to see you", Alex greeted me as she smiled sincerely at me as she did the same to Nolan.

"Natalie, I want you to meet my wife, Millie", Millie shook my hand as she told me about her work and her life. She had told me about her parents not accepting her for being a lesbian, so she didn't have anyone to rely on.

Into the middle of our conversation out of nowhere, Nolan snuck away with everyone. Leaving just Millie and I and I wanted to follow but Millie kept on telling her story, which was interesting, but why would everyone just leave.

Avery, Nolan, and his parents, along with Alex came back with a mischievous smile, just in time to save me from hearing about the different types of houses you can design as she was an interior designer.

"Let's eat", Alison chimed as Clay served the food on platters. He grabbed everyone's drinks and finally sat down as the embarrassing stories came out and everyone was lost in a pit of laughter. The night nearer to an end as Alison demanded we all stayed here, she wouldn't let us leave. I didn't have any commitments at home, and neither did Nolan.

Nolan set the bed for us as I peered out of the bedroom's balcony, hands trickled up my back as I relaxed under his touch.

"Have I told you lately how beautiful you are?", he hugged my neck as I blushed madly. His hands played with my necklace that wrapped around my neck.

"Thank you", he spun me around as his dreamy eyes stared into mine as he kissed my nose softly, he was a gentleman with a true heart.

"Let's get you to bed", he picked me up and carried me into the room as a comfy bed awaited for me, he tucked me in and closed the balcony doors cutting off the breeze, that made the curtains sway.