45: Don't Leave Me

I hung up the phone as tears spilled down my cheeks, tears of joy in complete utterly happiness. I ran into the cafe and locked eyes with Avery, she saw the large smile across my face along with the spilling tears, and she jumped for joy.

"He's awake, god it feels good to say that", I told her as she paid for the food and we ran to the car, with tears spilling from our swollen eyes and smiles that hurt our jaws.

"What are you going to say to him?", Avery asked as she drove to the hospital like a madwoman, swerving different lanes and probably not stopping at every stop sign. She knew we had left our relationship in a bit of a crumble, but I have already forgotten about all of that. He apologized, and I should too.

"That I love him and I'm sorry", I whispered to her and she just smiled. We finally reached the hospital as my hyper-active legs bounced away. Boy, was I glad I took a shower.

We grabbed the bags from the trunk in a sprint and ran all the way to the hospital as it rained. We made it inside as we ran up the stairs, and just skipped the elevator. And finally, the white room felt like it was far away. Avery opened the door and I saw his smile as he saw us, but most importantly as he saw me, his eyes focused onto mine as Avery ran and gave him a hug. I waited for my turn like a peaceful shark.

"And there she is", his voice was so calm and one that I missed, it had been too long to not hearing it. I ran to his arms and everyone started to leave the room.

"We're going to grab some utensils downstairs, all of us", Alison said as they all poured out of the room, leaving Nolan and I alone as I sat on the edge of the bed.

"I missed you", I tell him as he smiles that crazy smile, I lean in to kiss him as it feels like the first time. His kiss is so sweet and sensitive, and at the same time, it's like we both wanted something more.

"I missed you too", he said as he let go of my lips, he pulled me onto him as I laid on top of him.

"I'm not hurting you, right?", I asked, wanting to not hurt his wounds.

"You could never hurt me", he hugged me to his chest as I squeezed his hand never wanting to let go, his soft eyes gleamed into mine.

"How are you?", I asked him as he smiled at me lying on his masculine chest and hugged me dearly.

"I'm doing great, now that you're here", he made me blush as I tucked my head in his neck and his head dove into my hair as if he was smelling my shampoo.

"I love that smell", he whispered intimately. He kissed my forehead, just as someone knocked on the door, we quickly unraveled ourselves from each other, and as the door swung open we were left red-handed.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Kister, how are you feeling, I just wanted to give you some time to spend with your family and wife, but I do have to remind you of the rules before we send you home.", he looked at us as if it was a regular occurrence that couples are all over each other.

"Okay, you'll need to maintain a healthy diet, food every day. Make sure you keep your legs pumping, and no strenuous activities, weights, and no alcohol", he rambled on and I looked at Nolan knowing he wouldn't follow half of these.

"That it?", Nolan asked as he seemed satisfied with his list of no's.

"Oh and sex, I know you guys are newlyweds and congratulations but it's too strenuous for the heart", Nolan looked disappointed, I had finally been ready.

"When- When will this ban end", I cleared my throat as I got dirty eyes from Nolan as he smiled at me mischievously.

"Uh.. in around 2 months, depends if he follows the diet", the doctor said nervously as if he has never been asked this need to know the question.