I woke up straight away to the smell of burning. I jumped out of bed, my injured arm feeling numb. I ran down the hallway and into Krista's room, which was burning red and orange, heat radiating from the room. No one was inside but something didn't feel right. "We need to get out of here!" I heard a doctor scream out and a crowd of people ran down to the emergency exit. I saw Liam in the crowd. I'm glad he's safe, but I couldn't leave, I'm going in.

I went straight into the inferno, avoided getting burnt, and I noticed a figure standing in the middle of the room with its palms out. I only know one person to do that. "Krista!" I yelled out as I approached her. It was getting hotter and hotter by the minute, until I reached her. All I could see through the red was two blue circles, like orbs of light. "Krista!" I screamed out again. "You couldn't get rid of me that quickly." I heard her say robotically. The blue light flickered and suddenly, they were gone, and I heard a bang.

I reached for the floor and I felt something unbelievably cold. I grabbed it tightly and flung it over my shoulder, ignoring the stabbing pain in my arm, quickly coming back. I ran out of the room, coughing from smoke inhalation. I tripped over a piece of medical equipment and fell to the ground.

I coughed and coughed but I couldn't get up.

My eyes started to slowly close, until I couldn't breathe and everything went black...

--------

Krista P.O.V.

My eyes opened and all I saw was fire. Burning bright in front of me. I heard something behind me, other than the cackling of the flames. Heavy breathing. I turned around and there I saw Zach, on the verge of death. I pointed my freezing cold palms out and lifted Zach into the air and out of the room. Something happened before, my powers took over me. And look what happened. And now, I've put someone that I love in danger. But with my powers miraculously strengthening, I've developed new ones. Now, I can move things using my mind. Once Zach was safely out of the room, I stood up and I sent a chilling blast of water over the flames. I screamed out as my hands started to burn. The fire was put out and I walked out the room. But I was more levitating than walking.

I found Zach on the floor, his breathing laboured. I had to get out of the hospital, it reminds me of my parents death way too much. I picked Zach up and carried him over my shoulder. Looks like I got super strength also. I got to the emergency exit and I laid Zach down when we were in the fire-escape stairwell. I put my hands over Zach's chest and felt my fingers light up with electricity. Quickly after, a cloud of black smoke escaped Zach's mouth. It was the smoke he breathed in, I've cleared his lungs.

His eyes opened straight away and called out my name. I covered his mouth with my hand. "Shh, we aren't safe here." I whispered. He stood up and sat to face me. "How aren't you hurt? You were in the middle of a fire. And how did you survive when you were wounded so badly? You're not a superhuman, how did you do it?"

I looked down to my burning hands. Should I tell him? I've hidden it for long enough. I have to get it off my chest, I have to tell him...

"I'm not normal-"

"What do you mean you're not normal, obviously you are-"

"Let me explain." I took a deep breath in and started wording what I was going to say to him.

"I can't die. I've come close many times. You can send a bullet through my heart and I will come back alive. And I don't need things that you do. I don't need to eat, or sleep. I do it, because no one knows about this, and I don't want people suspecting anything. It was a side-affect with the powers. I'm not exactly human. I possess a human body, but my powers changed me into this. My caretakers realised I was different when I was in the orphanage. I killed them, they knew too much. It was partially an accident. I didn't know how powerful I was. So I had to run before I would have to be locked up."

He stared at me like I was crazy. Zach stood up and started pacing. "We need to go right now, your fathers minions will be here soon." I stated calmly. He turned and looked at me. "You've never had a normal life." He said as he combed his hands through his hair. "Leave now if you don't want to be part of my abnormal life. Because I'm not bringing around excess baggage."

He grabbed my arms and pulled me up. "What are yo-" I didn't finish before he crashed his lips on mine. He pulled me in closer to him and rested his arms on my waist. I was the one who pulled back first. "My life might not be as different as yours, but it's close to it." He said with the biggest smile I've ever seen from him...

------

Teaser for chapter 35: What is Krista's reaction to Zach? And more secrets will be spilled. Still remember M.K..... The initials?

Sorry for the cliffhanger! Thank you all for supporting me :)

HT12