𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖝

Start from the beginning

ota called him and put him on speaker. he picked up in two rings. "(f/n)? where are you? i went back up to check on you but you left your apartment."

"she's with us." ota declared, and you raised an eyebrow at him.

"saying 'us' doesn't specify anything you know?" you sighed.

"oh, right. she's kidnapped, what are you gonna do lover boy?" ota fried again, this time, attempting to sound more menacing.

"wakatoshi, these two guys suck at being kidnappers. it's not a big deal." you called, and luckily he heard. yahiko attempted to cover your mouth but you almost but his hand in the process so he gave up.

"i'll be there." ushijima said immediately.

"no, it's okay. i'm okay. i'll get out of here soon enough." you said back, ota was just staring at you dumbfounded and yahiko snatched the phone from him.

"your precious girl here is going to die if you don't show up soon. i'll text you the address, come alone or else." he threatened.

yahiko hung up and sent ushijima the location, and was about to toss your phone to the side but another call was coming in.

"what?" yahiko snapped as he picked up.

"i don't take orders from you. (f/n) told me not to come so i won't." you heard before the line died. you burst into a fit of giggles at that.

"told you, he listens to me." you said smugly.

"your boyfriend is okay with you possibly dying!" ota reasoned and you shrugged.

"he trusts me. that's all." but you had to admit, maybe a little part of you was hoping wakatoshi would show up.

you were fine, though. these two seemed harmless. and even if your judgement and knowledge on kidnappings were based off of movies alone, you assumed these two were inexperienced. they didn't even know the first thing about threatening someone.

both the guys seemed helpless and they were attempting to find another way to lure ushijima. they made no progress other than fighting with each other though, and soon it was lunch time.

yahiko left ota in charge of making sure i didn't escape, which was a horrible decision really. ota was quite slow, even if he was the more fun one.

while yahiko was gone, you convinced ota to untie you so you could play cry games with him, and even though he was hesitant at first, he got so bored that he complied.

you shook out your wrists and stretched, feeling extremely happy to be out of that chair.

nows my chance.

you smiled sadly at the man in front of you. "sorry ota, you were kinda nice too." you mumbled under your breath.

"what was that?" he asked, not having picked up on what you said.

"i said look behind you, yahiko returned!" the second ota turned around, you used your hand to strike between his neck and shoulder. during your self defence crash course that tendo forced you to take with him years ago, this was one of the techniques. you never expected to me using it, though.

ota fell unconscious and fell to the floor and you crouched down to check his breathing quickly. you exhaled in relief. "all good. i better get out of here."

you said a silent thank you to tendo for making you take that crash course with him, while you made your way down the stairs in a hurry, still careful not to trip and fall.

your only concern was running into yahiko, and of course, that's exactly what happened. he caught you trying to escape and you began manoeuvring around the building, attempting to find a safe place to hide.

you felt a cold  metal object placed against your temple and you turned to meet eyes with yahiko. "for god's sake, just let me get out of here." you complained.

he opened his mouth to speak, but he was knocked over with a single punch and ushijima entered your line of vision instead.

you blinked. "you said you wouldn't come."

"i remembered that you never ask for help when you need it, so i came anyway." he shrugged. "are you hurt?"

sure you had the odd cut on the lip and bruise here and there from yahiko being too aggressive, but it wasn't the end of the world. "i'm okay."

"d-don't move." yahiko stuttered, his hands shook as he pointed the gun at ushijima.

ushijima stepped forward and kicked the gun out of his hands and pulled yahiko off the floor. "station." he stated.

yahiko's face drained of all colour, and he began to speak in panic. "once i get out of there, i'm going to fuck you up. and i won't let you get away with just a bleeding head." it was his attempt to sound threatening, but since ushijima was practically dragging him along effortlessly, they came across as empty words.

so he's the one who gave wakatoshi a bleeding head.

suddenly, you wanted to punch this guy, but you held back despite being angry. is ushijima could hold back from beating the guy to a pulp, you'd just have to suck it up too.

"there's a guy upstairs." someone else called. you looked to the door and saw another cop.

"he- he's the one who untied my ropes." you protested. it wasn't technically a lie. "he was part of the kidnapping but he untied me."

ushijima shook his head at you, as if to tell you he's still be charged and you nodded. it wasn't surprising, you weren't even sure why you tried to help him out. he just seemed worth a try since he was nice to you.

"i believe this is yours?" the cop handed you your phone again and you took it gratefully. when they left the scene with the two guys, you and ushijima remained.

"(f/n)?"

"hm?"

"let's go for a walk." he suggested, but your stomach rumbled. "oh, we haven't eaten. lets get some food."

you hung your head in embarrassment and nodded. "some food would be nice, yeah."

~•~

kdjdjsjs i've to wake up in less than 3 hours sobs 💔

i'm going on a road trip for the next two days so i won't be responding to notifications as much as i usually do, please don't think i'm ignoring you guys, i tend to respond to everything unless i'm overwhelmed—

n e ways i'll be focusing on this book the most until it ends, so i won't update for the next two days, but i'll try to spam update 3 chapters when i'm back ❤️

i hope you enjoyed reading! mwahh <33