¹⁰birds of a feather...

chapter 10 」
❝ yeehaw!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"SHE SHOOTS, SHE SCORES!" Amelia cheered as she danced around in a circle, hockey stick in hand.

"Oh come on, that was just a lucky shot," Adam complained.

"Then I guess I've been making lucky shots all summer," she said with a smirk.

In the off season, Adam had been helping Amelia a lot with her shooting and she had definitely gotten better.

"I should learn the Fulton shot," she said.

Adam's eyes widened as he frantically shook his head. "I think you would actually kill someone with that shot."

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Whatever buzzkill."

He sighed heavily and swung his stick aimlessly. "Man, I can't believe you're moving to New York."

"Yeah," she breathed out heavily. "I don't want to go either, but I don't really have a choice. I sure am gonna miss you guys."

A week ago, Amelia's parents had informed her that she was moving to New York soon because of a job offer that her mom had gotten. Of course, she was heartbroken to be leaving all her friends, but she figured she could still call and stuff.

She blinked and shook her head, expelling the negative thoughts. "Your turn."

He skated over to where she left the puck and she took his place blocking the small net in his driveway. Adam skated up to the net and managed to shoot in between her legs. Amelia groaned and kicked the puck out with her foot.

"He scores!" Adam announced, throwing his arms into the air.

Amelia was about to say something when she heard the sound of the duck whistle. The two turned their heads to find the Ducks team on the street.

"Hey cake eater! Twirl girl!" Jesse yelled at them. "You guys wanna play some real hockey?"

The two exchanged a look of excitement before replying, "Yeah!" in unison and the team cheered. They dropped their sticks and Amelia stepped onto her skateboard, joining the rest of the team.

On the way to round up everyone else and make it back to Coach Bombay, the team explained what was happening. They were going to compete at an international competition in Los Angeles.

Amelia was surprised that their peewee team was chosen and that Bombay was chosen to be the coach considering he's only coached one peewee season and the team has only won state championships once.

Nevertheless, she was happy she could be representing Team USA at the Junior Goodwill Games.

They skated through the park and found Fulton who had tied three Hawks to a tree after they tried to mess with the team. When they found Bombay standing outside a diner, Charlie sounded the duck whistle and they chanted "Ducks!" as they all gathered around him.

Once Amelia got off her skateboard, she felt so much shorter than the rest of the team who were all still on their skates that gave them extra height. They all turned and looked in awe as they saw a limo pull up along the sidewalk.

A goofy looking man in a business suit popped up out of the roof and addressed them. "Hey guys! I'm Don Tibbles, Hendrix Hockey Apparel. We're your official sponsors, anyone want a card?"