The creature crashed onto the rocks, whimpering, with a staff in its head. That riled the other creatures more.

I tried to go as fast as possible. One creature had jumped on a couple rocks and was using the height to reach me. Its teeth latched onto my leg. I felt it sink into my flesh and I screamed. I tried to kick but the pain was too much. I was losing consciousness.

With all the strength I had left, I tried to stab it with my sword but my hand almost slipped on an unstable rock. I moved to another rock and then had an idea. Using more strength than I could naturally possess, I yanked at the loose rock so that it came crashing down on the lion. 

I screamed once more as its teeth dragged down my leg before it finally let go, being crushed under another rock. I had only one good leg now and two arms that I used to pull myself up on the rocks.

My trouser was ripped and so was my leg. Blood was all over me and my leg was bleeding profusely. I ripped my shirt off and wrapped it tightly around my leg. I barely took in my surroundings. That there were trees here instead of the barren landscape and tall grass and a rocky ravine of blue water. That's when I heard a hissing sound.

I looked around and I saw the largest snake I have ever laid eyes on.

"Oh come on," I whimpered.

I tried to get away, but it slithered quickly. I crawled, unable to run because of my leg, trying to get away. But it slithered up my leg and started to wrap itself all around me. 

The only thing I can remember about snakes is to hold its tail. They can't inflict all their strength without their tail for support.  

I held its tail away from my body as it began to constrict me. Suffocating me. I had lost my sword. There was little I could do. Yellow spots started appearing in my vision. I saw the ravine in front of me.

As I lost my vision, I just remembered "straight ahead." I pushed myself forward, trying to reach the water. Not all snakes can swim.

With one last breath before it crushed me completely, I pushed back and fell into the water, taking the snake with me. Who knows if we would be crushed by rocks but it was better than certain death by giant snake.

We did hit rocks. I was wrapped in snake and that protected me.  

The impact of our fall hurt the snake and it immediately loosened its grip around me. I couldn't see and I couldn't swim much. Now that I had gotten rid of the snake, I face another problem: the ravine was sucking me under. 

I raised my hands to protect my head as I was being tossed about. As much as I could I tried to curl my legs into a ball, protecting my main organs. I had little success. The water was too powerful. I emerged to the surface every minute or so, gasping for air before I was being dragged under.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Two days later 

My leg was infected. I stared at a dead rodent, wondering what it would taste like. Fur in my mouth and a disgusting taste...  Nope. I was still vegetarian.

I lay against a tree, trying to rest. I hadn't been able to sleep because of all the insects that crawled over me and the animals that came over. I couldn't imagine what I looked like. Whenever I touched my hair it was a knotty, greasy, bloody mess. My face was covered in cuts and dirt. My mouth had ballooned from a reaction to some berries I had tried to eat. No food anywhere.

When will I see people? Didn't anyone else make it?

Suddenly, an arrow came out of nowhere and hit the tree next to my head. I ducked as more whizzed overhead. I saw humans running through the forest. They were firing at me.