[38] Say Something

Chapter 38: Say Something

I wanted to keep it a secret. The stolen kisses and the hidden looks. Nathaniel was my sexy secret.

It was 1AM on Wednesday. I closed the textbook and switched off my desk lamp. I brushed my teeth in my bathroom, wearing boxer shorts and an old t-shirt. Then I crept into my bed and set my timer on for 6AM. 

It's been a long day.

Mrs Maythorne was still in Paris with her twenty kids and we had gone back to life here like normal... only nothing about Maythorne Manor was normal.

I had almost fallen asleep when my door creaked open. I heard it shut gently. I felt him come towards my bed. He was in grey sweatpants – and nothing else.

I pretended to be asleep and he pulled my covers down, leaning over me. I was fake-sleeping, my eyes closed. He kissed my cheek and tickled my earlobe. I tried hard not to giggle but that's when his hand came down on either side of me, pressing down on the mattress.

He got onto the bed and I jumped up, pressing my hands against his chest, "What are you doing?"

"You're not sleeping," he smirked down at me.

He was straddling me, his muscles on display.

"You're sweaty," I said, feeling the moisture on his skin.

I rubbed my hands up and down his arms.

"You said I'm sexy?"

"Sweaty," I corrected, "Though you're not wrong."

He kissed my neck, light and smooth kisses because he knew that was a sensitive area for me. 

"I just worked out. I wanted to see you before you slept."

"You're too late," I said, taking my hands off, "I'm already sleeping."

"I dare you to try sleeping now."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Morning came too soon. I'd slept maybe two hours at most.

I pulled on my blue tights and school skirt and walked out of my bedroom, dragging my bag on the floor behind me. My shirt had a couple buttons undone.

I was lazy.

"Good morning," Emily greeted me, as she was setting a fruit bowl on the table.

I accidentally yawned in response. 

The other four boys were already seated at the table and I could feel their eyes judging me. I ignored them and piled yogurt, fruit and granola into my bowl, mashing it together.

"What?" I asked them when their staring wouldn't let up.

"You look like a mess but other than that, nothing," Hugo answered.

I glanced over at Nate. 

He'd only slept two hours with me and here he was looking fresh as a bird; shirt and tie on straight, hair tamed and eyes that didn't look like they'd been awake all night. But they had. 

So unfair. He looked back at me, fork in hand. He smirked.

"Late night?"

Jackass.

"I'll bring the car around, G," Jesper said, getting up when he finished his plate, "You don't look like you can walk far this morning."

Wow, the pity party was getting was real.