He ignored me again. 

I sighed and pushed my chair back. It made a loud creaking sound and I reached over him, grabbing the bowl. 

"They're just peas," I huffed, sitting back in my chair and piling more peas on my plate than I ever wanted.

"Irritated, Georgia?" Nate asked me, pretending to be so innocent.

I made a point of turning my chair to face him. Then I stared him in the face, "Hypothetically speaking, if you told me to do something at the end of last year and then I had done it by the beginning of this year, why are you angry with me? Hypothetically."

He raised an eyebrow, slowly lowering his fork onto the plate, "Hypothetically?"

He made the word sound like a temptation.

"Yes Nate, why are you mad at me when you told me it was ok?" I said, this time more direct and more emotional. I don't know if he could hear the pain in my voice, but I felt it.

"I said it was ok," he said, "But I don't have to be ok."

That hit deep.  I was frustrated by how everything had played out. It is really difficult living in the same house as both boys. Whenever I'm with Jesper, I see Nate. And whenever I'm with Nate, I see Jesper.  I can't get away from them.

"The peas please," Hugo asked.

I couldn't tell if he was trying to make a joke or whether he actually wanted to eat greens.

Nate snapped, "Here are your damn peas. You're like a broken record over there."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I regret eating those peas for lunch. I was so nervous that my food was threatening to come up again. The Visit was here.  No matter how far we tried to run, it would take every specter.

I might as well be prepared.

Mohan handed us all special gear. He said the clothes would help us a little against the painful transition.

"You'll be knocked around a bit and ripped through the elements. This will help weather some of that," he said as he handed me folded clothes.

I put on the navy rubber shoes and the tight sci fi outfit. I almost expected goggles and flippers to go with it. I couldn't believe that Nate and Kirby had done this once already, without any of the gear. 

I was given another pill. Something to help settle my insides after being knocked around.

I wish I could close my eyes and wake up after this is all over.  The uncertainty was what scared me the most.  I tried not to think of what I was leaving behind.  A human life, a human love...

Would you still care for me if I came back a turtle?

I changed in my bathroom for the last time. I splashed cold water in my face and stared at myself in the mirror. Survive.

Then I walked out of the house to the lake, where everyone had gathered around Mrs Maythorne.

This was crazy.

"Some universes are peaceful," she said, "If you arrive, you will arrive in peace and make your presence known as a new specter. But some universes are in turmoil. There will be specters for other realms waiting in animal form to kill you. Your spirit will guide you to their spot. If you have a predator, it will take you into the heat of the action. So be careful and be ready to fight."

I breathed out a small sigh. At least I had a tortoise.

With my luck, we'll be nowhere near the action.

They started handing us spears and weapons. I gulped, feeling that this had become very real. My hand gripped the metal of the weapon in one hand and the spear in the other.

"It's unlikely you'll be able to reform with spears, but just in case. Some of you may not make it at all. Your body is about to disintegrate and reform in another universe. Are you ready?"

Uh.. No.

I looked around me at the determined faces of the boot camp group. We were all alone in this, together.

"Prepare yourself for the eclipse! You are about to experience The Visit!"

I started to breathe irregularly, fear pulsing through me. 

Then a familiar body came up behind mine and Nate's husky voice whispered in my ear, "I'll find you."

A/N: This is NOT THE END! Next chapter will be kind of crazy if I say so myself!

After all these daily updates, I'm going to take a few days before posting the next one.  So the next chapter will be out on Tuesday!

Please vote and share if you enjoyed the story!  

Have a nice weekend!
Natalie

Have a nice weekend!Natalie