"Was she listening to u-" the guy said, pointing at me as we zoomed past.

Isla was laughing hysterically. Then we bumped into someone.

"Lavender Georgia Young."

I found myself in front of Miles, the boy that asked me out.

"I think you know my name," I said, "And it's not Lavender."

"It is. Lavender is your name and Georgia is what you prefer. Now I'll tell you what I prefer," he said, though I didn't like his tone. 

He was also being loud so others around us could hear.

I saw Jesper behind us. He was watching us. Other people had an amused look on their face.

"You like to play games, don't you Georgia? We heard about your after-school activities with Nate."

"What?" I frowned.

How?

"Yeah, you've been banging Nathaniel on the side. Leading everyone on like you're a perfect little Princess over in that mansion. Too good to touch," he came up to me, knowing that my anger was boiling, "You told me you weren't seeing boys. You have a fake image, Georgia, and it's coming down. You're a tease. You lead boys on and dump 'em. So let's have a little fun."

"Get away from me before it becomes sexual harassment," I warned.

"No, I don't think I will," he raised his arm out towards me, "Are you too good to touch?"

He touched me.

The prick touched me.

And I freaked out. I lunged towards him, but before I could reach him, someone pulled me back. My back bounced against a strong body and I felt his arms around mine.

I inhaled his scent and I knew.

Jesper.

"Let me go, Jesper!" I tried to wriggle out of his grip, "I want to kill him!"

Jesper knows more than anyone that I can handle Miles. Miles was a little pipsqueak and I've taken on demons.

Miles laughed, "You got another boy in your pants, don't you?"

"Ooh, boy no," Isla said, taking her earrings out so she could join the fight, "Hold my hoops."

Miles kept going, "Poor Holly got dumped because of your little love fest with Jesper. She didn't stand a chance, did she? Not when you're so easily accessible, living in the same house as both-"

I tried to wriggle out of Jesper's grasp, "Let. Me. Go."

"No," Jesper said, "I'll do it."

Just like what I said in the sandbox all those years ago...

Jesper hit Miles with a killer right hook. 

Isla and I stepped back and watched Miles drop. Down Miles went. 

And Jesper was suspended.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"What's wrong with you?! I was handling that situation just fine without you," I yelled at Jesper in the parking lot, "And now you got suspended!"

"One of us would've been," Jesper said back, "You were going to do the same thing."

"Yeah, but at least I'd be handling my own business."

He always had be my rescuer. I can rescue myself.

Hugo opened the car door, "Can we get in the car now?"