Chapter 23 - Love Reigns

Start from the beginning

Love, laughter, cinnamon, and warmth wafted in plenty that morning throughout the Topal household.

******

******

Defne, reflected on her conversation with Omer from last night, on her car ride to Tramba towers that morning for her meeting

How sad and unhappy Omer had been.
She guessed; anybody would have been so in that situation. Had it been the old Omer, he would have flared up, and left her in her cold trails of pursuit of recognition of her talents.

He would have put an end to their relationship. Instead, he calmly listened to her side of the story, though not refraining from putting up a fight.

Her heart also warmed and tingled at the thought of Omer wanting her to be by his side at all times.
How she wanted to also. Her heart pleaded with her to accept his proposition, to agree to the fact that she would accept his money to pay back, marry him the next minute and make the most gorgeous baby Iplikcis.

That was her dream too... the latter two parts. But her head won over her heart, urging her to stick with her resolutions, for she knew, she wouldn't be presented with such opportunities, since, Omer was the sole designer, equivalent to Vanni in Turkey.

Her head was muddled with dilemma, which she tried to push away as she prepared to get ready for the meeting with Tramba.
The ride in the elevator up to the 13th floor, only reminded her of the countless elevator trips with Omer;
some really happy, some sad and morose, some steamy and sensual.

She felt warm and tingly, thinking of the happy, steamy and sensual rides and threw away the sad ones to the back of her mind.

She couldn't wait to finish her meeting, and call him to find how he was doing.
She felt lousy for having left him in that sad state of mind when he wistfully parted with her with a heavy heart in the wee hours of the morning.

She straightened herself and her thoughts as the doors of the elevator opened.

She entered the lobby, to find the receptionist look up at her, recognizing her instantly and letting her know that Denise bey was expecting her and courteously showing her the room with all the necessary hospitality.
She gently knocked the door to a brisk invite to come in.