Chapter 16 --Dark Clouds and A Rainbow!!

"Defne, shall I cook your favorite pasta?  Or shall we go out to eat?" he sweetly asked as he placed a cup of coffee in front of her, stirring a cube of sugar just to her liking

"Defne, shall I cook your favorite pasta?  Or shall we go out to eat?" he sweetly asked as he placed a cup of coffee in front of her, stirring a cube of sugar just to her liking.  She smiled a thanks, smelled the coffee, the outside air and inhaled Omer' scent and took the sip of her poison, enjoying it to her heart's content!  She couldn't be disturbed with any questions.  When he brought his cup too and stood in front of her, as she was perched prettily on the counter, and rested his left hand on her thigh waiting for her answer, a thought struck him. 
"Defne, tell me... who are your clients, do you have any?" just out of the blue, the thunderbolt hit her numbing her, as she stuttered on the coffee, which suddenly tasted acrid in her mouth.
Hmmm...??" she looked up with those saucer wide eyes, her knots returning to claim her tummy and her head space! 

"You are driving me nuts with those saucer wide eyes and your innocence!!"  Saying, he swooped down to her lips to steal a kiss in between her sips!  She just hoped, her thudding and thundering heart which was just a few inches down, would not make its way into his ears!!   Suddenly, her phone buzzed and she picked it up to avoid any confrontation with Omer on the clients. 

No, she wasn't ready to tell him!!  He seemed annoyed at the incoming call, but he simply took his cup of coffee and went to the sliding door at the back of the kitchen and stood there with his back to her, steadily gazing at the rain kissed garden. 

"Alo, Nihana, Naaber?  Why are you calling me again and again?" Define hissed into the phone a little annoyed, running to the foot of the stairs, away from Omer. 

"Defne, you won't believe who is sitting in our living room, a gentleman named Hulusi, claiming to be Omer's grandfather.  He is flattering and buttering up Turkan Theyze and though we are all in splits watching them flirt with each other, I think something is up.  I think you should come home quickly and handle the situation."

"Nihan, it will take me at least 20-30 minutes to come.  What if he leaves by then?  I would have missed a great evening with Omer.  Just handle it kiz.  Is Annane asking for me?  Tell her I am at a friend's place busy with my group project for my school and will come tomorrow afternoon."

"Kiz!!  You are the limit!  Tomorrow afternoon??"  Nihan asked furiously in a hushed scream.  "Tell me, are you guys having fun?  Have you done it yet?  Soyle soyle?  I need all details, till the last bit, nothing left out!  Anladimma?  Understood kiz?"

"Nihan, he is asking me, if I have any clients, I have no idea what to say, maybe I should come back, to avoid any more questioning!"

"Şacmalama, kiz!  Wing it!!  Enjoy your time with him.  Give him Yasemin's name and some other random name.  ok, Annane is coming, let me hang up and manage the situation and I will give you a report later." 

"Tamaam!" And she swung around to see a smiling Omer standing at the doorway, leaning on the wall with his left hand on the roof of the entrance and smiling at her!
She jumped at his sight and wondered how much of it had he heard!!  But then again, she corrected herself thinking she was actually whispering to Nihan!