Chapter 35 - Afraid of Love

Aquarius

The weeks passed uneventfully. Before we knew it, winter break came.

The last Celestia related thing happened one or two weeks ago, where according to Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius, Ophiuchus had revealed herself to be from Celestia and subsequently vanished.

That was a good thing. I really hated that girl.

I still had doubts about the whole Celestia thing, even though Leo had that dream about us being cast down to Earth.

I stood beside my bed, stuffing the last piece of clothing into my luggage. Wiping a drop of sweat from my forehead, I sighed in relief as I closed the luggage.

Capricorn walked into the room with his backpack slung on one shoulder.

"Winter break kinda sucks." He commented, sitting down on my bed and beckoning me to join him.

I chuckled before sitting down next to him. "Don't let Pisces hear you say that. You know she's big on the holiday spirit."

"I know, I know." He said before heaving a sigh. "I honestly can't wait for when we come back to school."

"Do you think Dad'll be home?" I asked him.

Capricorn nodded grimly. "When is he not? He'll always be here to shout at me and throw things at you." Seeing the worried expression on my face, he added, "As long as we stay in our little room in the attic, we'll be fine."

"This is going to be like one long, boring and uneventful camping trip." I complained. "Summer's going to be even more of a nightmare."

"If Dad leaves us alone for long enough, maybe we'll get to sneak out and see our friends." Capricorn pointed out.

A small smile grew on my face. "Yeah. But you do remember the last time Dad found out about us sneaking out, right?"

"That was three years ago, we've learned to be more stealthy than we were then." Capricorn reminded me.

"Oh hey, it's going to be your birthday soon." I said, looking up at Capricorn.

Capricorn simply scoffed. "I don't care much about my birthday. Birthdays are pretty boring, in my opinion."

"That's because your birthday is a holiday birthday." I told him. "Holidays are the worst."

Capricorn laughed softly. "Better not let Pisces hear you say that line."

I laughed softly along with him, muttering, "Yeah, better not." under my breath.

The door opened, and Virgo entered the room.

"Hey, we're about to leave soon-" She started, then stopped when she saw us. "Oh, sorry, did I interrupt something?"

Capricorn shook his head. "No, it's fine."

"Okay then," said Virgo. "You know, I wish Gemini and I shared such a close bond like you two. It's sweet how you've always got each others' backs. I guess I could say that with Gemini and I too, but we're not always on the same page."

There was a small smile on Capricorn's face. "Of course we do, we're family." He looked down at me. "And family always has each others' backs."

I smiled back at him. "Yeah," I said softly. "We do."

Turning to Capricorn and Virgo, I said, "You two go first, I'll come along later."

As they turned and left, I slung my backpack onto my shoulder. I was about to leave when I noticed a piece of paper out of the corner of my eye, lying there on my bedside table.