Chapter 18 - Family Reunion

Virgo

"Why exactly are we going to the Statue of Liberty?" I asked Leo. I didn't answer, and started muttering to himself.

"Whatever it is, it must've been really important." Capricorn said. "Seriously though, why are we going there? And by foot out of all transportation choices! It's going to take two hours!"

Leo turned around to look at us. "Here, look at this." He showed us a text message from Cancer. I had to re-read it to make sure that I wasn't reading things wrong.

"A tunnel in the school that leads to the Statue of Liberty?" I asked. "Sounds pretty cool, but why?"

"I dunno." Leo replied. "Whatever it is that they've found, I hope that it's not dangerous."

We continued our journey to the Statue of Liberty, not even stopping to check for directions. Leo seemed to know the way to the Statue of Liberty, despite the fact that none of us have ever been there.

We stopped at Battery Park, staring at the long line-up for the statue cruises.

Leo's shoulders slumped. "How are we supposed to get there any faster now?"

All of a sudden, a silvery blonde haired boy crashed into Leo and knocked him over.

"What just happened?" Capricorn asked as Leo got up.

The blonde haired boy paid no attention to the three of us. Instead, he stared off into the distance. A tall, cloaked figure approached us. With the wave of her hand, she sent a bench flying towards him, but he ducked, and the bench crashed into the line of people lining up for the statue cruises. The crowd of people ran away in fear.

"Um, should we go?" I asked.

"We're not leaving." Leo insisted. "Cancer needs us, and so do Scorpio and Pisces."

"Well how are we supposed to get there if this boss fight is happening?" Capricorn asked while ducking from a trash can the psychic lady had thrown in our direction.

The cloaked lady laughed. "So I guess that you finally understand that you are no match for me."

The silvery blonde haired boy from earlier emerged from under a broken bench. "Evildoers never win!" He charged at the cloaked lady so quickly that he might have broken the barrier of the speed of light.

With another wave of her hand, the cloaked lady sent the boy crashing into a tree. She turned to look at us, and I could catch a glimpse of lilac hair and a green eye.

"Bystanders." She said slyly. "Shouldn't you lot be at school?"

At that moment, the blonde boy returned. There was blood on the left side of his face and a scar on his nose. He looked like he was about to charge at the lady again, but he saw me, and he paused. His determined expression faltered, and was replaced with an emotion of surprise. I could've sworn that both of these people looked familiar, but where have I seen them before?

"Interesting, aren't they?" The cloaked figure sneered. "How bystanders can quickly get involved in a fight."

I knew that she was talking about Capricorn, Leo and I. For some reason, I had the urge to hit this lady with something. I took the lid of a trash can and threw it like a frisbee. It hit the side of the lady's head, and she collapsed.

The expression on Capricorn's face was one of shock. "Why did you do that?"

"She didn't seem friendly." I grimaced, wiping the dust on the side of my skirt.

The boy with silvery blonde hair approached us. "Thanks for saving my life." He said to me.

"Why were you fighting her anyways?" I asked.