Chapter Twenty Four - Injured

(Y/n) doesn't know what caused it but now she's ended up on a hospital bed. With her body wrapped in a bandage. She wanted to sit up but the pain preventing her from doing so.

"(Y/n)! Thank goodness you're awake." Armin entered the room with a bottle of water in his hand.

"Armin...?" (Y/n) forced herself to mumble his name.

"Take it easy... Uh, do you remember? Here drink some water first." Armin sat down on the chair next to (Y/n)'s bed and helped her drink the water.

[ Flashback ]

"MIKASA WATCH OUT!"

(Y/n) noticed Titan Eren's abnormal behavior and she was right. Eren who was in his titan form started flying his fist towards Mikasa. Fortunately, (Y/n) was quick enough to push Mikasa aside. However, she took the blow instead. Eren sent the girl flying and slammed onto the ground. Rolling for a few times before she stopped and laid on the ground, bleeding.

"(Y/N)!" Mikasa shouted and with all the energy (Y/n) had she shouted back.

"I'M OKAY! FOCUS ON EREN!"

[ End of Flashback]

"How is the situation now?" (Y/n) asked Armin.

"Luckily, the plan worked. We succeed in sealing the wall. But, Eren is taken into prison. There will be a trial in a week or so." Armin looked down.

"...But he saved us several times too. He is not an enemy to mankind."

"The thing is... You are attacked by him... He did lose control for one moment."

"What the- Please. Everyone who just gained something surely has little idea how to control it!" (Y/n) forced herself to sit but the pain came back.

"Ow-!"

"Take it easy!" Armin gently holds (Y/n).

"...Damn it. Why did I let myself get injured. I guess I'm not as good as I thought." (Y/n) bites her lower lips in frustration.

"You were amazing back there too, (Y/n). You didn't lose your calm. Once you are done with the rearguard duty, you came to help us in the middle and you even rescued lots of people. Including Jean. Don't think so lowly of yourself." Armin puts his hands on (Y/n).

Someone cleared their throat, it was a soldier from the Military Police. It seemed like they want to question (Y/n)  so Armin excused himself after telling (Y/n) to get well very soon. (Y/n) clicked her tongue and answered whatever the Military Police asked. They only asked things regarding Eren and (Y/n) answered truthfully. He attacked her, yes but he helped her too.

After the soldier is satisfied with the answers (Y/n) provided, they left and Erwin and Levi came into the room.

"Commander, captain." (Y/n) forced herself to gave them a salute. They are not exactly alone right now since there are two other beds, so she assumed someone is there and she can't casually talk to them.

"Cadet (Y/n)." Erwin greeted.

"That titan boy really hits you?" Levi calmly asked.

"...Unfortunately, yes, sir. But, Eren did save me too from another titan." (Y/n) once again had to explain the situation. Then she continued, "Commander, I have something to report you but... This isn't exactly a place to share sensitive matters."

Levi walked to check the other beds, peeking through the curtains, and then went back to (Y/n).

"Calm down, brats. No one is using the other beds."