Chapter Twenty Three - Surprise

[ 850 - One day before the battle of Trost ]

The long-awaited time is finally here. The 104th Trainees had finally reached the end of their training. After long years, they have completed everything they needed to know in order to become a soldier. It was tough but also fun because they got to spend moments with their comrades and create strong bonds between each other.

(Y/n) stood in the front row of the lines. Her instructors, all standing up in front of the trainees.

"Dedicate your heart!" One of the instructors commanded, earning a salute from all the trainees.

"Today, you've completed your military training. I will now announce the ten among you who have obtained top training results. Come forward if I call your name."

(Y/n) knew who would get in the top 10. Definitely, not her since she always slacked off during grading. Her guess would be Mikasa, Eren, Jean, Connie, Sasha, Ymir, Marco, Reiner, and Bertholdt. Although, Ymir might not make it because she slacked off for Christa during the few last grading.

"At the head of the class, Mikasa Ackerman. Second, Reiner Braun. Third, Bertholdt Hoover. Fourth, Annie Leonhart. Five, Eren Jaeger. Sixth, Jean Kirstein. Seventh, Marco Bott. Eight, Connie Springer. Ninth, Sasha Blouse, and Tenth, Christa Lenz. You are the top ten." The instructor announced.

(Y/n) smiled to herself feeling satisfied with the result. How can she not be? Her relatively close friends are all there.

Keith Shadis then informed all of the Trainees about the three branches. Even if (Y/n) wanted to go to another branch, she can't. It was because of the deal she made with Erwin Smith, besides, she hates the Military Police and uninterested in the Garrison to begin with.

"As of right now, the 104th Training Corps is officially disbanded! Dismissed!"

"Yes, sir!"

Everyone gathered at the mess hall, celebrating their now completed training. As expected, some were surprised to see (Y/n) not being in the top 10, they've seen her skills. She may not be in the top 3 but could easily take Marco's place. Even Eren and Mikasa questioned.

"I'm just not cut out to be in it, Mikasa, Eren." (Y/n) laughed.

"It's because you always slack off during grading, (Y/n)." Armin sighed.

"That's not true. Well, congratulations to you for making the top 10." (Y/n) congratulates her friends which they reply in thank you.

(Y/n) peacefully drinks until Jean started yelling about living in the interior again. Bragging about being in the top 10 and shoving it to others' faces. (Y/n) sighed at this and turned her head around to watch.

"I'm applying to the Military Police too but I don't want anyone thinking I'm like you." Annie coldly said to Jean.

Well, Annie made it clear since the beginning. Too bad.

"How about you, (Y/n)?!" Jean turned around to see the (H/c) haired girl.

"Me?"

"Oh, I forgot you didn't come out in the top 10, don't worry, I can protect you (Y/n)," Jean smirked, making (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"Oh, please. Even if I was in the top 10, I would never join the Military Police. I've set my eyes on the Survey Corps. Besides, compared to you, I think I have better skills. Heck, everyone but you know it. More than anything, I need to be protected from nothing but your stupidity." (Y/n) muttered, making the others 'ooooh'-ed Jean.

"Hey. You said living in the interior is comfortable? Until five years ago, this town is part of the interior too." Eren slammed his hand on the table.