Chapter 2 - Bird

Erwin Smith really brought me with him. We traveled to another side of the wall not long after our first encounter and the Levi person also kept his words. He taught me how to properly clean a table and other things. He also told me to clean myself. He can't stand filthiness. Maybe he's secretly a cleanliness fairy instead of a soldier.

Speaking of which, I heard Levi is called humanity's strongest soldier. Out of the three men, I think Miche is the oddest one yet. Turned out he likes to sniff anything like a dog.

Now that I live in the Scout Regiment headquarters with them, I also met other people. For example, Hange Zöe. She's a bit of a weirdo too but I don't really mind her. To be frank, I think everyone in the Scout Regiment is a weirdo in their own way. At least that's my first impression of them.

Another weird thing is that Erwin Smith introduced me to others as his relative. Maybe he's doing that because... I don't know. To save himself? I mean... Wouldn't taking a child for his future investment for the Scout Regiment be kinda illegal? I just play along with it.

Most of the Scout Regiment members treat me as a child. I mean, they aren't wrong. Because like it or not I am still a child. But, I don't particularly enjoy the treatment. I often avoid them too.

Although Erwin Smith said I'd be joining the 104th trainee corps, he is still giving me lessons whenever he or the others can. Honestly, I like training better than having to steal to keep on living. This is way easier. I especially enjoyed training when it's Levi who is in charge of teaching me.

Today is one of those rare days.

"You've gotten better at it, maybe Erwin really knows what he's doing after all." The short corporal said after I landed on the ground after flying around with my ODM gear.

What? I'm only calling him short because I know I'll grow taller than him in a few years.

"I see."

I didn't show it on my face but I actually feel a little bit of joy when he praised me. It is only my third time training with and using the ODM gear and he's already telling me that I've improved.

"Now let's do it with the dummy titan."

"Roger that," I said as I saluted.

"It's upside down." Levi corrected me.

"Oh."

As usual, I only can be obedient here. So yeah, I do the whole training again except this time they're bringing the dummy titan and I can use the blade.

I'm flying through the trees and once I spot the titan, I waste no time. I quickly go for it and slashed its nape deeply. After that, I didn't stop and immediately look for the next titan to cut. However, no matter how hard I try to, I still can't cut it as deep as Levi did and I don't have his signature cool thing. But, fortunately, my cut is deep enough to kill a real titan.

Once again, I landed on the ground after I am mostly able to slash most of the dummy's nape.

"We will continue the training tomorrow. It's enough for today."

Levi gave me his approval and I nodded before thanking him.

"Brat, I suggest you cut your damn hair or tie it into a ponytail later. Also, go eat more or else your legs will be too weak to support you."

I gasped a little before noticing how long my (h/c) hair has grown. Yeah, I need to cut it or else it'll cause unnecessary issues in the future.

"Anyway, Erwin is expecting you in his office."