chapter fifty-six

-Juice
4:37 pm

I quickly scrolled through videos of surveillance footage of the day Symere got shot

I quickly scrolled through videos of surveillance footage of the day Symere got shot. I was onto something, and I wasn't letting up.

I looked over the papers of the officer Pete Mcstevens then furrowed my eyebrows. I looked at the hospital records seeing he got out the same day he went in.

He went to jail the same day Terrence did. I sat back in my chair blowing out a breath and rubbing my hands through my hair.

While scrolling through my computer something caught my eye confusing the fuck outta me.

I instantly grabbed my phone and clicked on Sydnee's contact. I pressed the call button and listened as it rang.

"Nene chillout" Sydnee laughed before putting her focus on me. "Wassup Juice?" she said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"When Terrance got outta jail?" I asked and and she thought about it.

"Like 5 months ago, why?" she asked and I looked straight ahead at the computer.

"Why this shit say he got out 5 years before his release date?" I said and she stayed silent.

"So what you're saying is... he's been out of jail and he just recently said something about it?" she asked and I bit my bottom lip.

"Ima call you back man" I said hanging up then putting my fist under my chin.

"Fuck man" I mumbled then put my hands behind my head looking at all the papers surrounding my desk.

...

"I should beat yo fuckin ass" I said walking to the basement seeing Terrance tied up looking miserable.

"Taquan I thought we was boys man" he cried and I drew my fist back punching him in his jaw.

"Don't say my government nigga" I said looking him up and down.

"When you was gone tell everybody you and ya boy Pete was homies?" I asked and he widened his eyes.

"I know what you're thinking but I didn't do anything" he said and I shook my head.

"Nah ima tell you what you did, pay attention cause ian repeating myself" I said leaning on the brick wall.

"May 21 in 2015 is when it all started. You had Symere set up to get killed in front of his own sister by yo homeboy Pete. You took targeting practice for 2 weeks just so you knew where to aim so you wouldn't get Pete killed" I paused showing him the print outs of the hours of targeting practice he spent in the gun range along with him and Pete in highschool.

Terrance looked at the papers in disbelief then shook his head.

"You only shot Pete so it'd look like you was sticking up for Symere— which you weren't. Then you left the scene running to my uncle trynna get praised for what you did" I said then wiped my face.

"Taq- Juice I-"

"Ian done nigga" I said then got ready to pull some more paper out.

"Here's mugshot number one.. and number two. You went to jail May 22, 2015 same as Pete. You were supposed to get out March 12, 2025 but you got out out September 2, 2015. You been undercover creepin round Houston for years man!" I shouted in his face.

"THEN you found out about Zion, Latrell, Rocky and Deon. That I don't know my facts clearly about but, you sided with the other side for years. Then had the nerve to tell Sydnee to watch her back, you so fucking sorry" I scoffed.

"Let me not forget, you knew who killed Sydnee daddy as well. It was indeed Rocky who pulled the trigger, but Latrell was the driver"

"So here I am asking you... what you was doing with Deon?" I said licking the top row of my teeth.

"After y'all- y'all got that nigga Latrell, Deon contacted me for business to uh- take y'all out before y'all got to him. So I agreed but only for the money man" he said and I shook my head.

"You a sorry ass nigga, I hope you fucking rot" I said then grabbed my papers walking out the basement.

...

"Babe what's wrong?" Kyra asked as she watched me sit in the dim living room in complete silence.

"Nothing Kyra go back ta sleep" I said and she sighed walking over to me and sitting on the arm of the chair.

"Taquan you can talk to me... okay?" she said grabbing my hand giving it a squeeze.

"I just don't get how niggas could be so damn grimy" I scoffed shaking my head.

"That's life babe, the only person you have is yourself in the end" Kyra said now looking at me.

"I been rocking with you for 2 years man, that shit is crazy" I said and she smiled.

"Why'd you keep me a secret for so long?" she asked and I sighed then finally looked at her.

"Seeing how my cousins got mixed up in shit.. ian want that for you. This thug life isn't something that I want to be involved in, but I am. At a point in time I was scared to even be seen in public with you for that reason" I said.

"But now, i'm sick of hiding you from the world. You're what I want and need. You saved my life in my eyes, and now you're carrying our baby. I love you Kyra" I said and she smiled.

"I love you more Taquan" she said then kissed my lips. I kissed her back then rested my forehead on hers.
____________________________

This shit was confusing tf outta me too y'all.
I went chapter jumping just to put the pieces together 😭.

But Juice & Kyra gotta baby on the way ?

I gave y'all back 2 back chapters ☺️.

I deserve a vote 😘.