chapter twenty-two

- Malia -

My alarm woke me up at 5:50 on the dot as usual

My alarm woke me up at 5:50 on the dot as usual. I grabbed my phone and checked my notifications.

[imessage] Markeyvius 🤟🏽💕: say, you up bruh?
[maliawright]: @ty_muneyy liked your photo
[instagram] 134 notifications.
[snapchat] 23 notifications.

I wiped my eyes then responded to Key before I did anything else. He always calls or texts me at 5:45 to make sure i'm up for school. It's just his weird ass habit i'm guessing.

I got out my bed then made it back up and headed to the bathroom that's conjoined to my room.

I washed my face, brushed my teeth, did my hair then looked in the closet for something to wear. I decided on a black cropped long sleeve, denim skirt, black converse, and my denim purse to match.

Once I finished putting that on it was now 6:20. I sprayed myself down in perfume, then did my lashes and put on my lipgloss.

I grabbed my phone, charger, and airpods then walked downstairs and grabbed a granola bar and a drink.

my baby Tori 🥰! wants to facetime...
connecting ...

Once the call connected we were both outside walking to the bus stop.

"Girl tell me why Leon texted me on instagram last night. I don't know what you did but ima kill you" she said and I laughed.

"I didn't do a bitchass thang, but what a coincidence" I said and she shook her head.

"Coincidence my ass" she said then we came to a stop at the same time.

"Blah blah blah, but ashy liked my picture at 4 in the morning" I said talking in code cause ian want nobody in my business.

"That's crazy" she mumbled then got on paused.

"Aight here go this bus ima see you in a minute" I said then we hung up.

-

"Aye Malia!" I heard as I walked towards my locker. I turned around and locked eyes with Leon making me roll my eyes.

"How can I help you?" I said putting in my combination and swinging my locker door open.

"Where yo friend at, I been trynna text ha but she don't be responding" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"If she wanted to respond that's what she would've did. I don't know what to tell you" I said grabbing my binder for my next class.