Chapter 12 - Bubby's Changed [Rewritten]

I sit by the door, shaking. I pulled my lab coat over my chest and closed my eyes.

Why did he freak out like that? I didn't even do anything!

I stand up and walk over to the control panel.

"Whether you like it or not, I am going to get you out of there. You are my friend, and I won't leave you here to die. I don't care if you think I am your friend or not, I am going to help you"

Bubby sat up and glared up at me with a hint of guilt. From his face, it looked like he felt bad for yelling at me.

"Thanks"

He whispered as he dug his head into his knees.

I pressed the button, and alarms sounded. The doors opened and the glass that encased Bubby in his tube, shattered into a million pieces.

I try not to show fear as I walk over to Bubby.

"Come on. Let's get going"

I say to him, holding out my hand for him to take.

He scoffs, and gets up, dusting off his lab coat.

"Whatever"

He says, slightly nudging me out of the way to get past me.

My face heats up in anger, about THIS close to snapping.

Why does Bubby hate me all of a sudden? I didn't betray the group! I would never do that! They are my only hope of getting out of here alive.

I follow behind Bubby in silence, hoping I wouldn't anger him some more.