Sticky Notes and Awkward Confessions

Peter's POV

I woke up at 7:30 and realized that I fell asleep. I didn't get a chance to go patrolling! I feel so bad, I feel like I let the city down. I'm a terrible superhero. I don't even deserve the name. I'm just a kid in a onesie.

My sulking soon paused when I realized that I never told MJ about my crush on her! Ugh, this is the worst!

Suddenly, I heard a slam. My eyes widened. I forgot today was Saturday. May was home. I ran as fast I could to the kitchen and I started making breakfast for May.

I don't even remember the last time I ate. Flash always took my lunch money like a 5th grader (He was really immature), and May never let me eat. She always reminded me that I didn't deserve to eat, and that it would be a waste of good food. She didn't make a lot of money, and she spent most of it on beer. She only gave me lunch money so others would think she cares.

Ever since Ben died, May has been abusive towards me. She blames me for his death, because I was the one there, and I could've saved him.

Sometimes, I believe her. I WAS the only one there. I could've saved him, but I couldn't. I'm too weak. I shouldn't be Spider-Man. I couldn't even save my own family- I took a deep breath. Enough of that. I have work to do.

I made the eggs and bacon. I set the table for May. She was on the couch, drinking. She looked up and smiled at me.

I knew it wasn't a real smile. She always put up an act, so others wouldn't know about my situation. Once when I was eight, my student counselor got suspicious, and she visited my home. May made it seem like I was trying to frame her, and she told her that it was just my imagination. She played the victim. The worst part was that she believed her. I was homeschooled for the rest of middle school. It was the worst. But I was ahead of my grade, anyways.

Whenever she felt I needed to be punished, she would beat me up a little, and then lock me up in a closet.

Everyday, she would put a sticky note on my door with a new word that described me. She never missed a day. I never knew when she would put it up, though.

Today's word was "Manky." It means inferior and worthless. She makes me keep it in my pocket all day, and store every single one of them in a box under my bed. Whenever I was being punished and sent to the closet, I had to spend my time going through each sticky note.

May sat down at the table and ate quietly.

"You know what you have to do today. Go do it now." she said in a monotone voice.

"Yes'm"

I cleaned the apartment for about four hours, made lunch, and left to go study at the library with my friends. I really didn't want to face MJ, because all I could think about were the events of last night, and I felt really nervous, but determined. I am glad I made it out of the house without a beating, though.

"I can do it." I mumbled to myself while walking towards the library. I was going to tell her in person.

I made inside, and I saw them at a table in the corner. I walked up to MJ. I was gonna do it.

"Hey lose-"

"MJ, I like you." I cut her off.

"..."

Ned kept looking at me, then at MJ, then at me, and back at MJ. His mouth was wide open. MJ was just looking at me with an "are you kidding me?" expression.

"Bruh, I'm gay."

"..."

"..."

Frick.

"I have to go."

WHAT WAS I THINKING? OF COURSE PARKER LUCKTM WOULD DO THIS TO ME! WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE?

I ran out of the library, and into an alleyway and changed into my suit. (A/N He has his suit from Homecoming, let's just say, he found resources from someplace idk)

I hid my backpack behind a dumpster and I swung to a rooftoop to sob and wallow in self-pity, you know, like a normal teen.

I needed to talk to someone, but I can't  exactly talk to Ned, that'd be awkward, considering he's with her right now.

I scrolled through my contact list until my finger hovered over the chat with Mr. Fe.

The Kid

Mr. Fe?

Do you have a minute?