Ouch

***Trigger Warning - Abuse, Depressing Thoughts*** (A/N yeah im not gonna put it right before the moment this time bc this whole chapters gonna be depressing so just watch out. k have funnn)

Peter's POV

I always felt better after texting Mr. Fe. I even have a whole new online family now. But when I heard the front door slam, I realized that my real family is still here. I wish I could live with Mr. Fe. They all seem very fun and loving... I need a little love in my lif-

The closet door creaked open.

"Peter," She spoke in a sickeningly sweet voice, "you may get out now. Bring the notes and sit down on the couch."

I got up from my uncomfortable position, picked up all of the sticky notes, and brought them to the couch. My back cracked as I stood up. I guess sitting in a closet all night will do that to you.

May was sitting with her legs crossed on one of the couch cushions.

"Peter, do you remember why Ben died?" she asked.

Ouch. She does this all of the time, but the sting is always the same. My response was just a shaky nod.

"Good. Wanna tell me the answer?" I couldn't refuse her question, so I gave her the answer.

"Me. It's my fault Ben died. I'm not smart enough, I'm not strong enough, I'm not... enough." A tear escaped my eye.

"Go on."

"I will never be smart enough, I will never be strong enough, and I will never be enough." I was crying now.

"Oh, stop that. You're fine. If you want to cry, I can go get the hanger again. Do you want me to get the hanger?"

My eyed widened. I shook my head while sniffling. Please not again.

"No, I'm sorry, ma'am."

"Alright," she smiled softly, "Now how about we have a movie night, huh? How about Ferris Bueller's Day off? You always loved that movie." I hesitantly nodded.

I was tense throughout the entire movie. May ruined movie nights for me, I was just terrified.

When I'm Spider-Man, I usually fight back, and I have my suit to protect me. But with May, I can't protect myself. I can't fight back, and yeah I have my healing factor, but it still hurts. It just heals quicker.

I don't want to hurt her, she's still family, and I can't tell anyone, because I don't have anywhere else to go, and foster homes are out of the question. I know others have it worse, so I just have to suck it up and stay.

The movie was finally over, and it was time for lunch. May had things to do, and she wasn't going to be home until late tonight.

"Alright, I'm leaving. Don't you dare touch my food, you know the consequences. You better be in bed by the time I get home."

"Yes ma'am." I said just above a whisper.

She slapped my face.

"SPEAK UP, PETER. YOU WERE GIVEN A VOICE TO OBEY, NOW USE IT!" She lashed out.

"Yes ma'am" my voice cracked, but at least it was louder.

"Better. I have to go now," she said "I larb you."

My breath hitched at that. She only ever used to say that when Ben was alive. That was supposed to be a good memory.

"Peter...?" she asked in a soft voice "Don't you love me?"

I nodded quickly, "I larb you too, Aunt May."

She smirked at me and left.

I turned to go to the bathroom to wash my face. I looked in the mirror, and all I saw was emptiness.

I left to go on patrol for a while. It was a slow day. A few robberies, one attempted assault. So, I sat down on top of a random building, and I finished the homework that was due tomorrow.

I finally returned to the place I'm forced to call "home" and I changed out of my suit. I got ready for bed, and then I sat by my window, looking at the sky.
Suddenly, I spotted a shooting star. I have no idea what it was doing in Queens, because in the part I live in, stars don't appear, because of all of the city lights. I didn't really think too much about it, and I made a wish.

"Please, give me hope. Please, I could really use it." I sighed and got in bed.

"Don't dream so big, Peter," I mumbled to myself. "You know Parker LuckTM won't allow that."

A/N Man I felt so bad writing that.

Let me know what you think in the comments!!