Chapter Six-Addiction

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Thank you so much for reading Lured.  I hope you like the story so far.  I truly appreciate all of you.  I know that time is precious.  It means a lot that you take time out of your days to read my stories.  

I hope you like this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting and commenting.  

-XXX Amanda 

******

A shudder shook through me as hopeless fear settled into my soul. Inevitably, Eli would take me and even though I fought them, tears caused by Eli's intentions fell down my cheeks in scalding hot streams. It hurt to realize that I was almost taken because of my ignorance. Tamas pulled me closer when my shoulders began to shake as I sobbed. His hands moved in soothing circles on my back as he let me cry.

"I won't let him take you," he whispered another promise that wasn't fair to make him keep, "I swear I won't."

I pulled back and stared into his face astounded that he would still want to be near me, "I don't know how you can stop it especially since I walked toward him," I said, shaking my head, "I don't understand why I did that. I was going to get my parents. I just didn't."

His face darkened and he narrowed his eyes, "I think you were beckoned," he said, reaching up to wipe the tears from my cheeks, "If you were, you couldn't have helped it. I haven't met anyone who could."

I shook my head as I remembered everything. I didn't feel the overwhelming need to follow the voice. I had only followed because I was afraid for Tamas.

I shook my head, "I don't think so. I followed the voice because it sounded like yours," I said, frowning as I remembered it all, "I was worried that you were hurt," More tears flowed as guilt flooded me, "I'm so sorry. This is my fault. If Eli had taken me, it would have been because of me and because I was stupid."

He stared at me in shock, "You were worried about me?" He asked fighting a smile and then, shook his head as he cupped both of my cheeks in his hands before whispering, "Don't put yourself in danger because of me...Ever. You should have realized, I would never call you if I was in danger. I would call my father or brothers. Don't do this again."

I blinked back the hurt because he wouldn't call for me and instead, puffed out my chest. Why wouldn't he want my help?

"Is it because I'm a woman?" I asked taking a step back from him and narrowing my eyes.

He grinned, "No," he said and raised his brows, "It's because you're a weak little human at the moment and I don't want you to get hurt playing with wolves."

I opened my mouth to protest but he pulled me against him causing all arguments to fade. He stared down into my face studying me as if for the first time.

"Nadia, you really are beautiful," he said, causing all of my hurt and anger to dissolve in an instant. He reached up and ran the back of his fingers down my cheek, "I realize that I'm not supposed to but I think I'm going to kiss you."

My breath shuddered inward as his lips covered mine. My heart thudded in my chest as he pulled me closer. I gasped and his tongue swept inside my mouth. For one panicked moment, I didn't know what to do but my lips began to move. I reached up and tangled both of my hands in his hair as a tremble worked through me. I had never been kissed and none of my imaginings prepared me for the intensity of it. He pulled away from me and stared down at me for a few moments with his forehead against mine.

"You should go inside," he said, hoarsely, "We don't want to ruin the betrothal, do we?"

I swallowed and then, shook my head, "No, we don't," I said, breathless and wanting more.