A Little Convincing

Emmett's POV

I was sitting on the couch staring out the window. Normally I would be playing video games or something, but pops grounded me for two weeks. I guess I kinda deserved it, Alice warned me and Rose to go hunt. Except we didn't listen, and did... other, more enjoyable, things.

Edward came in slowly. He had received the whooping of a lifetime from pops yesterday. He was obviously still sore. He slowly lowered himself on the couch, but shrieked like a little girl and sprang up rubbing his ass. My laughter sounded through the entire house. Edward glared at me, but remained silent.

A little sore Eddy?

He gave me a look of pure hatred, causing me to laugh harder. I replayed the scene for him in my mind. He tensed and ran at vampire speed upstairs, I'm sure if he was human he would have been red in the face.

I hadn't had a real good laugh since Jasper left. So I guess I'd have to thank Eddy for his 'little display'. I replayed his shriek over and over again in my head. I must be driving little Eddy crazy.

Alice stumbled in sadly, although I couldn't help but notice, she had a slight smirk on her face.

"Please tell me you saw that." I was still chuckling. She gave a swift nod and the corners of her mouth turned upwards. For a second she reminded me of the old, happy Ali. She looked like my little sister again. It didn't last though, her face quickly turned back to the emotionless mask she always wore, and she went upstairs. No doubt she was going to call Jasper. My poor sis, if Jazz ever comes back I'll kick his ass for what he's done to her. He shouldn't have abandoned her like that. He shouldn't have abandoned any of the rest of us either.

Fredrick's POV

Four months later.

It had been four months since we found Jasper in the woods. I felt bad for the kid he was constantly sulking, or going off on me or Mallory. We tried to help him as much as we could but, he wouldn't listen to our advice.

Jasper's phone had died three months ago, ever since then his emotions have been out of control. He told us that his phone was sort of his last connection to his previous life. Without it he felt he'd forget who he used to be. Then he yelled at Mal for making him tell us that. I almost slapped him, but his jaw was still sore from were it cracked. It must have been a pretty good kick if it hurt that badly.

He almost never stopped projecting his emotions. Me and Mal were constantly fighting crushing guilt and sorrow. He was becoming a bit hard to manage, and I didn't know how much more I could take. I suggested we leave him, but in return I got a very long lecture from Mal. She had very motherly instincts, and refused to leave a boy in this condition alone.

I just had to endure through this, maybe Jasper will forget about them some day, or decide to go back. All I know is I couldn't kick him out, or force him to go back. Not unless I wanted Mal to tear my head off.

"Jasper will you accompany me on a hunt, it'll be fun!" Mallory asked Jasper. Her gorgeous smile beamed down on him. I couldn't believe how much she liked that boy. "Please Jazzy?" My wife found that if you called the boy 'Jazzy' he was more likely to do what she wanted. We weren't sure why.

"Okay Mallory." His words were emotionless.

I'm just glad he started feeding again, when he first joined us he went thirsty for a month. It took me ordering him to hunt as coven leader for him to finally feed. I thought if he was well nourished maybe he would be in a better mood, but instead he cried over drinking from that boy. We had to drag him away crying, so we didn't get discovered by the police. He still had a hard time feeding, but he didn't argue.