Teaser to Book 3

"Father, there is something important I have to tell you," Dami stated bouncing his knees nervously. Mr Ogundeyi who was leafing through a current daily times newspaper looked up with a slight crease on his forehead.

"If this is about your brother . . ." He started and paused to take off his reading glasses. "Then, don't even mention it."

Dami shook his head recalling the heavy argument his father and Michael had for him squandering so much money on his short stay in Nigeria. He had been told he would be traveling in a few days time back to the states.

Michael stamped his foot on the ground adamantly and grumbled as he walked off leaving their aging dad to baffle at his retreating back. Dami tersely rubbed his palms together, his heart racing so fast it was going to burst out of his chest.

"Dami, is there something you have to say?" His father asked watching him closely. Dami blew out a breath to wash away the growing anxiety and leaned closer for a tête-à-tête.

"I want to travel with Michael. My mental health is at stake, dad."

Mr Ogundeyi raised a brow questioningly and put his newspaper aside. The silence in the spacious living room was deafening.

"What do you mean by that, son? Are you well? Is this about the kidnap two and a half weeks ago?"

Dami shook his head in the negative. "Do you remember my first cousin that was estranged from the family a long time ago?"

His father thought for a while and sighed heavily. "I think I recall her being beaten for laundering some amount of money from a wealthy politician. What about her?"

Dami gulped. The next words he was about to say got caught in his dry throat, making his breathing shallow. Tears clouded his eyes and his lower lip trembled.

"She is dead, father. She was the mastermind behind my kidnap. She was the one I reported that stole into my room at night to seduce me. She was the one that took away my sanity and left me broken. I failed in my relationship life, I was blinded by empty pleasures that costed me a girl I adored so much."

"I want to redeem myself. I need to. So if you love me, you will speak to mum so she can let me go."

Mr Ogundeyi heaved a sigh, trying to take in the information his son had given him and got up to pace the length of the room. He would stop at intervals to roll his shoulder and spew some obscenities too low for Dami to hear.

Dami had given much thought to everything that had happened. It was with a heavy heart, he came to the conclusion that the only way he could work on himself was if he wasn't around Ore or any of his friends.

He wanted to start afresh, rewrite the wrongs he had done and correct his mistakes if that was possible. Because he desperately desired another shot with Ore.

Dami heard a silent footfall coming from the base of the golden staircase. His heard turned sharply to see his mother looking so ravishing in a native attire sewn with lace. Dami tried to swallow the guilt that gnawed at his gut. He was going to miss his her.

"How soon do you want to travel?" His father finally spoke causing Dami to sigh in relief.

"As soon as possible," Dami replied feigning confidence when his mind was in shambles.

His mother's face fell.