Prologue

Dedicated to Skymoon6311

Ore whistled to a low tune as she passed by a few hostel girls who were scurrying to meet up with their early morning classes. Hers was starting by 10 a.m. so she didn't have to rush or worry about skipping out on school for the day.

Although she felt like it, she wasn't going to complicate her study calendar just because of her acute laziness. She held onto the bag of food Dami had bought for her tightly as she climbed up the well worn steps to her block, the mindless chatter of girls welcoming her back home.

Ore greeted a few familiar faces as she passed by the common room area to her wing. She couldn't help noticing the way some of them kept on staring longingly at her and the Everyday nylon she was holding. Ore threw her head back and walked gingerly without a care in the world.

The thought of the night she had spent with Dami in his luxurious suite brought a bright smile on her face.

He had undressed her and given her a warm bath before tucking her in bed like a baby. He also offered her pain relief when he saw how she was writhing with pain, he made breakfast of pancake and lemon juice for her.

Dami ensured she was comfortable with fleeting kisses on her collarbone and he respected her privacy even when she was craving for much more physical contact inside.

He didn't enforce what she didn't like on her but instead treated her like a princess. She missed him very much even though they had hugged and made out intensely about an hour ago.

Dami was a drug she couldn't get out of her system and she was satisfied that the night had ended in bliss. Ore adjusted her bag strap as the shrill sound of her ringtone pierced her ear.

She quickly shoved a hand into her purse and took out her phone. She froze mid-step at the entrance to her room, wondering the reason for her mother's call.

"Hey ma," Ore greeted nervously.

She cradled the phone as she eased herself through the door opening only to be met with Martha still sleeping and snoring soundly. She jerked awake at the sound of Ore's voice and rubbed her eyes tiredly.

Ore placed the food she brought on the floor and plopped on her bed. Martha watched Ore warily before rushing to her side and swiftly going through the contents of the bag. She rubbed her palms together and licked her lips when she saw two plates of vanilla ice cream and meat pies.

Ore wiped an imaginary sweat from her brow as she kicked off her shoes before sending her roommate a warning glare to which she responded with fits of laughter.