The death of Harry Potter

(July)

It was one month to the start of the new academic year at Hogwarts and a family of four was striding out of the French branch of Gringotts each wearing varying degrees of a smile. Hadrian in a long black English great coat had his arms around Lucius' waist and both of their free hands were holding two similar looking children, one older excitedly looking around. They were on a belated family trip insisted on by the kids to celebrate both Draco and Hadrian's birthdays.

As the happy family made their way down the Place Cacheé – the French equivalent of Diagon alley – their novel look was very eye catching to mass of people. There was no mistaking the fact they were indeed a family and a very loving one at that. After a lengthy discussion before leaving British soil, Hadrian had gone to Gringotts for two blood adoption potions – one for Iris and one for Draco. Lucius and Hadrian both decided that it was safer for Iris to be registered as their child than Hadrian's sibling as some of the more closed-minded people in the society may not approve of post-humous adoption. Not that Hadrian cared that much for their opinion, he just didn't want any obstruction in the way of those he cared about. Therefore, both children now bore a shocking resemblance to their parents, with red hair the colour of aged red wine with streaks of shocking blond running through it. the vision of both children next to their parents had given their friend Severus such a shock when he came to visit that the poor man nearly passed straight out.

Speaking of Severus, they had offered even insisted on taking the man with them on their family trip, just to have the whole family there but he refused. He insisted on staying to monitor the sheep – Dumbledore and Narcissa - as they fumbled their way through the dark trying to find who was messing with their lives. Apparently, he was very amused by all of it. he found Narcissa's situation particularly funny as the woman was banned from all Black property after the forced annulment of her marriage to Lucius so she was forced to use her own dowry to purchase a house or she would be left out in the streets. And as the icing on the cake, when he annulled their marriage Hadrian cursed her to never be able to use her knowledge to besmirch Lucius or Draco's name or harm them in anyway so not only was her life ruined, but she was also unable to exert her revenge on those responsible.

Dumbledore's situation was an endless source of amusement to Severus because the man was consuming more calming drought laced pear drops than ever before. Not only were his plans at the Wizengamot not going well, his two pawns for the future control of Harry Potter vanished into thin air and no amount of summoning or scrying could find them. his only source of comfort was that the Potter boy was still with his muggle relatives because the monitoring devices he tied to the boy still very much functioning. Because of this, he has taken to calling many order meetings focused on reintegrating Harry Potter into the wizarding world. Every time Severus left these meetings, he could barely hold himself till he got to his rooms before bursting into laughter. The Harry potter they were planning to welcome was currently on a trip with his family to celebrate his son's birthday!

One week before the end of July, when Harry Potter's letter was due to be sent out to him, a crushing news hit the British wizarding world. All of the Potter vault's in all branches of Gringotts collapsed. This was a fail safe used by some of the older house, and more recently those houses with really strict pure blood beliefs to stop their riches from falling into the hands of the ministry when there was no one else left to inherit it. in other words, it meant that the last living Potter eligible to inherit the potter title was dead. Harry potter was dead.

As Dumbledore and the order were busy fending off and sorting through the large number of letters inquiring about the authenticity of the news, a family of four quietly returned to British soil via Gringotts international flo. They first called their house elf to take their belongings back to the manor along with the children, but the children refused to leave so, they went along with their parents to visit the goblin King. On their way out of the bank both children who were walking in front of their parents and talking animatedly between themselves were almost mooed down by a flustered Albus Dumbledore rushing into the bank. In a flash, both parents were by their children and after making sure they were okay before leveling Dumbledore with a chilling gaze.