Chapter 14: Shopping Adventure

Start from the beginning

I gave him a narrowed look and put my hands on my hips. "What is your definition of 'fine' here?" I demanded.

"It means I'm an idiot for mentioning your stress-eating," he let out in frustration.

I kept glaring at his back for a minute before letting it go. "Anyway, the reason I need to go shopping is, I don't want to keep wearing your kinda-girlfriend's clothes. I can't get comfortable, knowing they belong to someone else."

"Alright, fine." He handed me a cup of espresso and leaned against the counter to start sipping his own. "When do you want to go?"

"After breakfast?"

"Okay."

###

"Who made this breakfast?" I asked, completely blown away by the splendid taste of these waffles.

Lance averted his eyes, and I gave him a sneaky grin.

"Lance, you're such an amazing cook," I complimented. "Did you make the pasta last night too?" I asked, and as he didn't reply, I became sure it was him. "It was really delicious, you know. What do you do? Are you a chef?"

"Brother, can she not talk to me?" Lance pleaded.

"She's chatty, deal with it," Elian responded.

"I'm not chatty. I just like to know the people I'm around, and if it's possible, I like to befriend them. Plus, Lance seems nicer than you, Mr. Storm, so why not?" I chirped.

"Remember he held you at gunpoint?" Elian reminded.

"That's ancient history," I shrugged.

"It has barely been a week since then," Elian pointed out.

I ignored Elian and turned my attention back to Lance. "So what do you do, Lance?"

"Can I tell her the truth?" Lance asked Elian, and Elian nodded. "I'm a Mafia leader, and I own many casinos."

"Wow, you have casinos? That's so interesting! Tell me more," I chirped.

"Tell what?"

"Like things you do."

"I give orders to people?" he answered in confusion.

"Besides that, what do you do?"

"I won't answer. I'm leaving." With that, he got up and left.

I chuckled, not minding since he had already finished his breakfast.

"So Lance is allowed to call you by your first name, but you always point out when I do?" Elian spoke up.

"Yes, because it's equality. I call you Mr. Storm; you call me Ms. Fleur. See?" I explained wisely.

"Okay, Alena."

I arched an eyebrow and said, "Are you indirectly telling me to call you by your first name?"

"Technically, we aren't boss and employee, considering our company is shut down at the moment," he pointed out.

I hummed in response and uttered, "Elian." For some reason, the name sounded just right from my mouth.

"Perfect," Elian said with a cute smile that made my heart skip a beat.

###

After breakfast, Elian and I took Lance's car to go shopping.

I was wearing one of Elian's kinda-girlfriend's hoodies and jeans so that I could pull up my hoodie whenever there were any security cameras or cops around. Elian was wearing a hoodie as well, and I must admit, he looked extremely good in casuals as well.

When we reached the shopping mall, we put on shades just in case and entered.

"Did you prepare a list of what you need to buy?" Elian asked, and I nodded. "Where is the list?"

"In my head."

He rolled his eyes and scolded, "This is how you forget things."

I glared at him and started looking around for Victoria's secret. When we reached it, I was about to go in when Elian pulled me back by my hand.

"Here." He handed me his wallet. "Don't use the credit cards since the cops can locate the transaction and suspect that we are in this area."

I understood the meaning behind his words, but I was a little too devilish for my own good. "Why? Aren't you coming in?" I asked innocently.

"No, are you crazy?" Elian looked away, his cheeks becoming a little pink. Aww, he was so cute.

"Why would I be crazy? Look at all those men inside." I was honestly cool with it if he actually wanted to tag along because I felt no discomfort. It wasn't like he was going to gawk at anyone like a creep.

"I'm your boss, lady. Have some shame," Elian rebuked.

"You were my boss, not now, Elian. That's why, come with me," I insisted, and he shook his head.

"No, thanks."

I giggled and finally decided to spare him the embarrassment. "Okay, fine. Wait for me right here."

###

"Would you like to see the underwear I bought?" I teased Elian when I came out of Victoria's secret. I had shopped quite a few pairs, just in case, my stay at Lance's became long.

"No," Elian sternly said.

"C'mon, don't be a prude. See if they are cute," I nudged.

"I'm trying to control myself here, Alena. Why do you keep insisting?" he asked, raising his voice a little in frustration.

Maybe that was too much just now. But what did he mean by 'controlling himself'? Right now didn't seem like a good time to ask, so I just mumbled, "Sorry."

He let out a sigh. "It's fine. Let's get the other things."

I nodded, and we went around buying my other things. He bought a few things too. I was keeping the receipts of everything I was buying so that I could pay him back once I got my credit card back.

Our shopping adventure was going well so far. We were almost done with our shopping and were enjoying ice cream together in the food court when a security guard looked at us suspiciously.

As he took out his phone to check something, Elian grabbed the shopping bags and my hand as he said, "Alena, get ready to run."