Chapter 14: Shopping Adventure

Alena Fleur

When I got out of my room in the morning, I was greeted with the sight of Lance making coffee for himself.

"Good morning, Lance," I wished. I decided to call him by his first name since it would be weird to call both brothers 'Mr. Storm'.

"Morning, Ms. Fleur," he wished back.

"You can just call me Alena," I said.

"Okay," he simply agreed. "I didn't see you bring any bag of clothes last night," he mentioned.

I looked at the pink cotton t-shirt and pajama shorts. Surprisingly, those female clothes in the drawer were my perfect size, though I didn't dare wear any of the undergarments of an unknown person.

"No, I didn't. These belong to your brother's kinda-girlfriend," I replied.

"Kinda-girlfriend?" Lance asked in confusion.

"Yes, do you know about her?"

He didn't bother replying to me.

I pouted and looked at the delicious cup of espresso he just finished making. "Do you mind making me one?"

"Yes, I do," he replied shortly.

"You know, your brother would make me an espresso," I said, thinking back to the start of the week when Elian offered me a cup of espresso.

"Well, we aren't the same," Lance responded and sipped his espresso.

"C'mon, make me one," I insisted.

Lance gave me a bored look and said, "Did anyone ever say you're annoying?"

"No, never. I'm hurt. How could you say that?" I feigned a dramatic gasp.

"Who is hurting whom?" Elian asked, walking into the kitchen while wearing a gray tank top and black joggers, seeming like he just returned from the gym.

"Your dramatic employee is hurting me with her request to make her espresso," Lance complained.

"How could you blame that all on me?" I gasped again.

Lance rolled his eyes, and Elian chuckled.

"I'll make her espresso. You can go," Elian said, and Lance gave me a small glare before leaving.

"Did you go to the gym?" I asked as Elian got up to make two cups of espresso and I admired the muscles on his biceps. God, he looked so hot like this.

"Yeah, there's one on the ground floor."

"Can I join?"

"Sure, why not?"

If I did join him in the gym, I might end up just staring at his body the whole time. But I also had the habit of hitting the gym whenever I could.

"But before that, I need to buy new clothes," I announced.

"Why, do those clothes not fit you anymore?"

"No, they fit perfectly. And what do you mean by 'anymore'?" I arched an eyebrow.

"No, I mean, with how much stress-eating you did last night, I just thought—"

"You mean to say I got fat overnight?" I actually gasped this time. How dare he say that?

"God, I just dug my own grave," Elian muttered and turned around to look at me. "No. Even if you did stress-eating, you didn't gain weight. You look fine."