eleven

JJs POV

What the fuck.

They're only 40 miles away but acted like they were being abducted by aliens. I was starting to think that they were aliens because of the weird noises I was hearing through my phone screen the other day. Or week. I can barely keep track of time anymore.

Pope, Kie and I have been staring at the floor with wide eyes and mouths for like ten minutes after I hung up on the hotel. As we continue to freak out internally, Pope yells AGAIN in a screeching tone,

"GUYS! We have to get to the hotel now. We need to see them before they leave."

"First off, lower the volume. Second, leave? Why would they leave?" Kiara questions.

"Well, doesnt it make sense for them to be moving around? To, ya know, escape from the police and shit. They still want to arrest John B." I reply. Kie nods and I get an overwhelming wave of satisfaction. Maybe you're not so dumb after all, Maybank.

"So, when should we leave for the hotel?" Kie asks.

Pope responds with, "Right now. They could be leaving at any day, any second. What time is it right now so we can make a reservation?" He glances my way and I check my phone and my eyes widen.

It's 2:00 A.M. "Uhhhh....Pope..." I trail off. He's gonna have a fuckin aneurysm.

"It's 2:00 in the morning." Popes eyes almost immediately lose all happiness and joy as he screams out "WHAT?!??"

"Oh my god Pope can you pipe down? It is 2:00 AM after all and people are sleeping!" Kie says as she tucks away while covering her ears. She's so cute.

Pope turns angry as he says "You know what Kie, I DONT CARE! We are jeopardizing our opportunity by fucking off and now it's 2:00 AM. I'll just call and get us a reservation now. And we can find John B and Sarah right in the morning" He calls the hotel and we booked it.

When we get to the hotel, it is 3:00 AM. Im pretty sure this is the hour where witches come out of the ground or some spooky shit, so I'm lowkey more excited than usual. I zone out but am interrupted by hearing Pope slightly raise his voice at the front desk lady about our reservation. As he walks away, I follow and Kie says,

"Pope, seriously? I don't see the problem here."

He rolls his eyes and says, "Kie, can you do basic math? There are only two beds in our room and there are three of us."

God, he's so cranky. Cant wait for him to shut up and go to sleep. Plus, what's the big deal about the beds? Aren't Kie and Pope like, dating? Why does he care?

Right after Pope let's us enter our room and closes the door, he falls straight asleep onto the fucking bed into a starfish pose and Kie and I sigh. Poor little  Popes bedtime happens to be 10:00 PM so his brain was probably failing on him. He didn't even take off his fucking backpack. I swear to god this is a scene out of a bad rom com.

As Kie and I put down our shit, we look at eachother awkwardly, confused as to what to do. There's no room in this shithole to sleep in the ground, and there's no couch either. Pope, of course, took up the entire bed with his body. I look at Kie again and say,

"Sooo..."

"So, let's get in bed." Kie responds as she hops on and under the covers.

She seems very eager to do this... and i'm not sure if I should be happy about it or not. I mean, I obviously would love to spend some good quality time sleeping in a bed with her, but she has a boyfriend. It makes things so different between us. I don't want to overstep any boundaries by doing this, but i'm too tired to care.

I get in the bed under the cover and Kie yanks a pillow from under me and I yell,

"FUCK KIE! What was the reason-"

"We are creating a barrier between you and me. You always move in your sleep and it's annoying. The farther away from you, the better. No offense."

Wow, that really boosted my ego. I tiredly respond with an"Ok" and we fall fast asleep.
-

I hear the birds chirping. The smell of roses and trees fill my nostrils with delight and satisfaction as I am woken up by the acoustics of the waterfall nearby.
Just kidding.
I'm woken up to the smell of bathroom cleaner and traffic outside of this shitty hotel.

As I open my eyes, something pleasant greets them, contrasting everything else. Kiaras...open eyes?

"HOLY FUCK!" Kie screams and pushes me off the bed.

"OW!??? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?"

"What happened to our barrier?" Kie scrambles and finds the pillow on the end of our bed and looks filled with rage.

"You didn't have to throw me off of the bed ya know. It's only like 6:00 AM."

"I'm sorry, I was just...creeped out." Kie responds.

"Yeah, tell me about it."

As I say this, Kie furrows her brows and says "Excuse me-"

"Goooood MORNING GUYS!" Pope interrupts and comes in with breakfast. Once again saving us from a  conversation that would've ended badly. I cant wait to hear Kies excuse for staring at me later. She'll probably avoid me for the next year.

He hands us the breakfast and says "Let's find the two lovebirds"

"Pope, it's only 6-" I say and I am interrupted.

"Remember, they could be leaving at any time. We have to go now" Kie and I agree and we knock on everyone's hotel doors and don't find anything.

Until... room 505. As the door opens, Pope, Kie and I see John B and Sarah. We all stand in silence for a couple of seconds and then burst into tears and smiles. A bunch of screaming and indistinguishable sounds are formed as we all freak the fuck out and embrace in a group hug. After a couple of minutes, all we I can hear is quiet sobs while I have never felt more at home than here with them.

-fast forward an hour where they all sit down and John B and Sarah explain what they have been doing-

"So, Sarah. Where should we start?" John B says and looks her way. It still feels surreal. Seeing them alive, talking. Oh my god. I get to rub this in Pope and Kiaras faces forever that I was right and that they were alive the whole time with solid evidence. Those phone calls could've been pre death, but now they're here, and I won.

As I focus back to John B and Sarahs real selves, I hear Sarah say, "Basically, we are runaway criminals. We will sum it up and say that we have been moving from hotel to hotel to avoid getting caught by the police. Well, more like John B getting caught."

Popes face lights up as he realizes that he was right on that and will rub it in my face forever. Great.

"Ever since we got back on shore, Sarah and I thought it best to move around but still nearby in case we needed to buy anything or navigate ourselves around. We were planning on leaving to Kartsville later today, actually. Anyways, we were gonna come back. Just, late enough to where i'm not the most wanted guy in the state."

"Well, I think that we should focus on being with each other today and we get get depressing later. Deal?" Kie says and we all respond with "Deal." We laugh and go in for another group hug. As we hug, my eyes meet Kies and I smile even harder than I have this whole day.