CHAPTER 10

Jiro did drive Chan back to his house. It was an awkward ride to be honest. He looked like a boy being scolded by his dad. The boy didn't mind breaking the ice just because the tension was too high. He wanted to explain and say sorry but Jiro was far from being in the mood on listening to him. He just sat there and felt that it was the longest car drive in his life.

Chan messaged Jiro but he didn't received any messages back. The man was obviously giving him a cold shoulder and he hated the feeling of it. He was getting upset and just wanted to cry infront of Jiro just to accept his apology, but just because Jiro couldn't resist seeing him cry doesn't mean he'll use it to his advantage. Maybe Jiro will talk to him after giving him some time.

Jiro didn't mean to get mad at Chan. He was happy that he could see him again, even though he visits every day, but he specifically said to Chan to stay at home and rest. He was just worried about him. He didn't want something bad happening to Chan again. Just seeing him there at the mall made him jump into conclusions and immediately pulled the boy out.

Was it too much? Maybe it was.

Days passed until it was the foundation day. Chan was busy helping the student council for the program and other activities for the whole day. People started crowding the gymnasium and they were ready for the day. All of them were excited, but Chan doesn't seem to be in the mood. He was still thinking about Jiro.

He didn't even notice that the dean's speech was finished just because he was spacing out.

"Chan."

Upon hearing his name being called, Chan looked beside him and saw the student council auditor.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" she asked.

Chan smiled, "I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

"Okay. Tell me or anyone if you need anything, okay?"

The boy nodded before all of them went out of the gymnasium and goes to where the fun starts. Everyone started to crowd around the booths and having fun. Most of them were actually waiting for the basketball game which would he the highlight of the day. Chan would surely get beaten up today.

Chan was basically free. He gets to enjoy half of the day but he got no one to be with. Surely, Jeffrey would in practice. Twenty would be in practice for cheerleading. And Jiro? He doubt he'll agree being with him. He kicked a rock as he stood under the tree. He has his hands inside his hoodie with a pout on his face. He should go and watch Jeffrey instead. He'll get a message from the council if he's needed anyway.

"Chan."

The said male looked behind him and saw the guy that he least expected to see today. Chan looked straight at him with big doe eyes. He was too surprised that Jiro was there infront of him and not in practice, or being with Yanna, or avoiding him.

"Jiro...?"

Jiro raised an eyebrow at him with his hands on his waist, "Are you alone? You could've called me or something."

"I...I just thought you were with Yanna," Chan said in the softest way possible, "You were mad at me...and I didn't want to disturb you."

In the inside, Jiro cooed at how tiny Chan's voice was being but it's just the boy trying to be careful. Chan didn't want Jiro to get mad anymore. The man just hummed at him.

"I was going to be with Yanna, but she told me she was too busy for the student council."

The boy was surprised by it. He thought Yanna would be enjoying a day like this but he might be wrong. Chan looked away when Jiro was staring at him, looking like he's waiting for something. The boy fidgeted with his fingers and pushing the idea that Jiro forgave him.

"If you want, I can help you--"

"Why don't you be with me instead?"

Chan was taken aback and immediately blushed. He wasn't expecting but he hoped that Jiro would ask him to enjoy the day with him.

"Chan, you alright with it?" Jiro asked.

The boy bit his lower lip, "You're not...mad anymore?"

The man looked at him intently. He could see that Chan was really sorry. Jiro smirked at him and shrugged. The boy wasn't sure about that gesture but he felt his heart thumped upon seeing that smirk again. Jiro definitely has that kind of effect.

"Let's go. I don't want to waste my time," Jiro uttered and grabbed Chan's arm to pull him. His hand slid down to hold onto the small hand to have a more comfortable grip.

Chan didn't mind the hand, he actually missed Jiro, "You won't practice for the game?"

"Nah, I'll be fine."

Jiro was just pulling the boy, trying to look where they should waste time on but he was surprised when Chan stopped. He looked back at the boy who still looked like he's worried about something.

"Chan--"

"Are you really not mad anymore?"

Jiro lets go of the the boy's hand, "You know I hate talking about my feelings but I just got worried about you. I'm sorry if I was too much. I was immature and you know me and my temper, Chan."

"I'm also sorry."

The man chuckled and nodded, "What was your reason that made you go out of bed and disobey your hyung?"

Chan looked away as his mind went blank. Just seeing Jiro staring and waiting for an answer from him was stressful. He can't go casual and tell him because he didn't want anything to happen between them. Also, Jiro just called himself 'hyung' which was very rare to think that he's being a bit playful.

"I...wanted to be there for you. I know you can't do things without me," Chan uttered.

Jiro laughed, "Really? You told me that you trust me."

"Yeah, but I know you still need my help, Ji."

"I can do things by myself, Chan--Hey, don't laugh."