CHAPTER 2

Chan's trying to convince himself that this will finish as soon as possible. All he got to do was to help Jiro for Yanna to like him back. It should be easy, but not for him. He'll be there, watching Jiro doing sweet stuffs to Yanna right infront of his salad. He'll even give Jiro ideas how to get a date from a girl. He's literally a cupid to hopeless romantics.

And now, he's a hopeless romantic.

"So, what's the plan?"

Chan looked up at Jiro. They're currently in the library and Jiro came just to talk about Chan with their plans. But the boy was busy studying for a quiz, so he can't be bothered about it. But it's Jiro.

"I haven't thought about it. I can come to your house after class if you want to talk about this," Chan suggested.

The man shrugged, "Alright."

Chan was waiting for Jiro to go and ran out of the library because he wasn't fond of this type of meeting place but the man just sat there, holding onto his phone. The boy furrowed his eyebrows at him which caught the man's attention.

"What's with the eyebrows, Chan?" Jiro asked with a small smirk.

"You're free to go."

The man nodded before he goes back on his phone, "Yeah, I know."

The boy tilted his head, trying to figure out why the man still stayed. Jiro still noticed this and saw how cute his best friend's expression right now. He rarely says Chan is cute and when he do, he means it.

"Do you want to go?" Jiro asked.

Chan hummed, "It's just strange that you're still staying here. You rarely come in here because you said it's boring and full of nerds."

The man hummed, "Let's just say that it's more boring in class than in the library. Atleast, I get to use my phone and be with my best friend."

Chan didn't want to jump into conclusion. What Jiro said about him just being his best friend repeated in his mind. Instead of staring at Jiro a bit more, his attention just went down on his book and started writing some notes again. Though his fast heartbeat was bothering him, he just tried to keep Jiro off of his mind and focused on the quiz later.

Jiro can't get him to ace the quiz--maybe he can. The man's literally his inspiration and motivation.

"Oh...Yanna's here..."

Chan heard what Jiro had said so he looked behind where the man was looking. He did saw Yanna with the other girls and sat down on a table with books. They obviously came into the library to study but Jiro looked like he wanted to talk with the girl. Chan looked back and regretted why he agreed to this. Well, it's better than him confessing and breaking their friendship.

"Go and talk to her."

Jiro looked back at Chan and surprised at what the boy said to him. Honestly, he wasn't the guy who sees their crush and talk to them right away. He's a chicken, like his father. Jiro felt his confidence died down.

"I-I can't..."

Chan frowned, "What? You aren't like that--"

"It's Yanna we are talking about, Chan," Jiro whispered.

"I'm helping right now. I suggest to talk to her. Maybe casually get a book and walk pass by them then say hello. She knows you anyway," Chan uttered.

"Do I just say hello?"

"No, dunce. Start a conversation. Ask them if it's fine to take a seat with them. Just like that, Jiro."

The man hummed, "How do you even know that I won't get rejected right away?"

Chan raised an eyebrow, "I don't know. I already gave you an idea, now be a man and start a conversation."

Chan saw Jiro looking back at Yanna. The man was being hesitant. Who wouldn't be infront of the crush? Chan's literally used to being close to Jiro so he gets to act naturally clingy and talkative around him. But now, he gets to see a different side of Jiro being a coward. Jiro's a tough guy, but he literally folds when it comes to someone he likes.

But honestly speaking, it breaks Chan's heart at how Jiro looks at Yanna from afar.

"Should I really?" Jiro asked and sunk down on his seat, "I'll literally mess up."

"You can do it. I promise, I'll stay here if you want help."

The man looked at him and sighed, "Fine. Stay here, okay? I'll signal at you if I ever want you to come over."

Chan nodded and smiled at his best friend, "Sure, I'm your best friend, aren't I?"

Jiro smiled back at him, "I'm lucky to have you as my friend," he uttered then stood up to go up to the table, "Wish me luck then."

Jiro started walking and Chan watched him. The man did what his best friend told him to do and casually walks down the hallway until Yanna saw and called him. Chan has his eyebrows furrowed and a pout. As much as he wanted Jiro happy, he wasn't being inconsiderate to his own feelings. Good thing for Yanna that a guy like Jiro likes her. The boy thought she's quite lucky.

Chan then saw Jiro finally having to sit on the table. Of course, the man forgot about him. He's too busy talking to Yanna. He's only his best friend anyway. He gets to be with Jiro all the time, lets the man rant about his day, be with him when things got hard, then he's just a best friend to the man. But he should feel lucky to have a friendly relationship like this, right?

Chan should be thankful.

He then looked back on his book, knowing that he can't handle the sight. Chan groaned and focused on his studies instead, but he can hear the girls softly chuckling at whoever knows what was Jiro saying. They're literally just a table away from each other.

Chan grabbed his phone and texted Jiro before he stood up with the book he borrowed. Jiro saw the boy leaving the library which made his attention to go on the boy. He was confused until his phone vibrated and saw Chan's message that apparently needed to go to class but he knew it wasn't still his time.

It made Jiro question himself.