CHAPTER 5

"Are you finished?"

"I barely started, Chan."

"Come on, I don't have all day."

Chan was in Jiro's bedroom again. They knew that Yanna like written letters. So now, the boy asked the man to write one. He knew that the man wasn't fond of these but he needs to deal with it. He wanted to date a girl then do everything. Hopefully, Jiro's penmanship will be decent.

"Help me then," Jiro said while he was by the study table, holding a pen and a paper down on his table.

Chan was just by his bed, lying down with his phone. He doesn't have any plans in helping the man just because it has to be from what you think you have to say to someone. But Jiro looked so helpless. For some reason, Chan stood up from the bed as he rolled his eyes. The man showed a smirk at him.

Chan pulled up another chair and sat beside Jiro by the study table. The boy didn't even looked at him, he just focused himself on the blank paper.

"What do you want to tell her? Write that on the paper, that's simple," Chan uttered.

Jiro shrugged and hummed, "I don't even know what to tell her."

The boy furrowed his eyebrows, "Do you really even like her?"

Jiro looked even hesitant but maybe it's just how close Chan was to him. He nodded immediately as a response. He was sure that he likes Yanna.

"Then tell her what you liked about her," Chan said, "Tell her about...how pretty she is. Like does her eyes twinkle like the stars? Does she look perfect to you? Try to be poetic, Ji."

The man just stared at the boy beside him. He was listening. Just a bit. He hasn't really stared at someone like this before. Not even Yanna. He loomed over Chan's doe eyes, small nose and cute lips. Should he really look at his best friend like this? Maybe? He doesn't know that.

"Y-Yeah...Okay," Jiro immediately look away and started writing.

"Tell her also what traits you liked about her. Or when did you even liked her? Why did you like her in the first place? Just confess already."

Those were the questions that Chan wanted to ask Jiro. Why her, and not him? Maybe because he's a boy? A little too much to be with? Too noisy? Too kind? There's so much things to consider that could be the reason why Jiro couldn't like Chan in a romantic way. Jiro's too dense anyway and he's no match with Yanna. He's no match to anyone.

As long as he's nothing to anyone, he can't be something to someone.

"You think this isn't creepy?" Jiro suddenly questioned.

Chan rolled his eyes, "You think liking someone isn't creepy? Also, you're trying to get her, aren't you? You want to court her, don't you? Then do everything to impress her."

The man scratched his head and sighed. Chan looked over at Jiro's serious expression while he writes. He asked himself if he could ever stop halfway and thought about liking someone else other than him. He did spend most of his life with Jiro. They shared everything, whether it's a problem or something they're happy about. Should he even make this as a problem? Obviously not. There's so much more to problem about and not someone.

Chan looked away and reminded himself that he's moving on from Jiro. He doesn't have any plans to make it too obvious. Even if he does, Jiro wouldn't notice Chan trying to get over him. Unbelievably, he's numb. To make him busy, he took his phone out and goes back to messaging.

Chan: i'm at his house, you can't call me

Jeffrey: tbh he shouldn't care he has my sister!!

Chan: shut it wong i don't want a fight

Twenty: hey hey what's wrong with my baby??

Jeffrey: nothing it's chan we're taking about

Twenty: yeah ik, you aren't my baby

Twenty: originally it's chan who is my baby

Jeffrey Wong left the group.

Chan: you can't joke like that to your boyfriend!!

Twenty: dw he'll come back hehe

Chan chuckled at how his friends were being a joke. Then he received a separate message from Jeffrey. He rolled his eyes before he went over the message. Don't get them wrong, they have a separate group message without Jiro just because they exclusively talk about him there. Chan would tell them everything but he hasn't tell them about him moving on. They'll surely call him about it.

Then he wanted to look over at Jiro's work. Maybe he's finished already. But instead, he stopped when he turned then their faces were just centimeters away.

Both of them were surprised by it but neither one of them pulled away immediately. They were too surprised, knowing that they almost kissed accidentally. Chan blushed furiously, if that's possible, with Jiro's eyes looking like saucers. Immediately, Chan was the first one who was able to look away. He covered his face and mentally screamed.

"What the fuck was that?!" Chan shouted.

"I was trying to see what you're laughing about!" Jiro answered back. He's not going to say it but his heart was beating so fast just having Chan so close to him. He haven't really had him that close--or something just changed.

The boy groaned, "Are you even finished? Stop stalling, Park!"

"Stop distracting me, Lee!"

"Then stop being nosy!"

Jiro stopped and groaned. He knew he'll lose to Chan if this keeps up. Though he's younger, he can outwit people with words including Jiro. He rolled his eyes at him before he goes back on writing the letter. Chan pouted.

Suddenly, they heard knocks against the wooden door.

"Dinner's ready, you two," they heard Jiro's papa, Chenle, said.

"Okay, pa! We'll come down stairs," Jiro answered.

"Hurry up then."

Jiro looked at Chan who has his back at him, "Let's go, Chan."

"Okay, wait a minute--Hey, Jiro! Put me down!"

Jiro carried Chan by wrapping his arms around the small waist. The boy squirmed but he was successfully pulled away from the chair and out of the bedroom. Chan wasn't even finished calming himself down.