11 Punishment*

After our morning run, Ari decided it was time to discuss last night.

"I'm disappointed, Bray." He says sending an arrow through my heart.

"I'm sorry Ari... I wasn't trying to cause problems." I tell him.

"I know that buddy... but you need to realize that you can't do everything yet. You are going to be an Alpha but that can't happen if you get yourself killed!" He sighs rubbing his forehead. "I've decided that instead of an elaborate punishment, it would do you good to go back to your pack."

"You're sending me away!? You're giving up on me!? Ari, it was a mistake! I'm sorry!" I yell.

"Calm down pup." He soothes me placing a hand on my shoulder. "It's just for a week. I just want you to see why you're doing this. You need to see who you're working so hard for. I'm not giving up on you. If anything I'm doubling down. I promised not to leave you and to take care of you. I keep my promises."

"Ari... what if they don't like me? I'm supposed to be their Alpha... what if they don't think I'm good enough?" I ask.

"Be good enough. Be the Alpha you were born to become. I believe in you Brayden. They will too... go get packed. I'm sending EV as your escort." He says and I smile.

"Thanks, Ari!" I hug him. I'm still nervous but kinda excited. Plus I love EV. She is Clayton's sister and the coolest person ever!

"Road trip!" EV yells flopping on my bed. "Hurry up and pack Bray!" She tells me.

EV is 26 and loves to travel. She left at 16 and has been traveling the world but whenever she comes back she is the life of the party.

"How long you staying this time?" I ask her.

"I think I might stick around... look for my mate... settle down... I've traveled for ten years. I think I should take some responsibility now... and beings I'm the best warrior in the pack I got ta help train you pups!" She says ruffling my hair.

"I could take you!" I challenge.

"In your dreams! Now get ready I'm gonna wait in the car." She says chuckling.

I quickly pack 7 T-shirts, 3 pairs of shorts, boxers, and a set of pajamas. I'll only be gone a week.

"Let's go EV!" I call out a few minutes later as I jump in her car.

"It's a long drive Bray... wanna play DJ?" She asks and I grin. One thing I picked up from Ari is a love of swing music. It drives most people crazy. I plug my phone in and the music starts. At my favorite part, I snap my fingers.

"Click my fingers ladies swoon The hottest dancer in the room! I'm a bad boy I need to dance! If you don't dance no romance! Feel like dancing dance with me. The first dance is always free!" I start to sing. At least it's not the really old stuff Ari likes. Only like a decade old.

"Can you even dance, pup?" EV laughs at me.

"I'll have you know I am a spectacular Dancer!" I tell her.

"I'd like to see that." She chuckles.

A few hours later we make it to my pack... my pack. It feels strange. I've considered Midnight Moon my pack for years but this is where I belong. This is my home. This is where I'm Alpha. Moon Lake Pack.

"Little Alpha!" A man calls as we exit the car.

"Mr. Richard?" I ask. I figured he'd be dead by now. How old is he?

"Yes, Bray, I'm still alive." He laughs.

"Sorry," I mumble looking away. I guess my face showed my shock.

"All good pup... it's good to see you." He tells me.

"You too sir," I respond.

"Let's get you settled." The old man says taking my bag. "We left your house as it was... it's still standing if you want to see it. We had to rebuild the pack house and offices. After the fires were put out we were able to save most of the houses. It's been running smoothly with the help of Midnight Moon all the Adults are trained warriors. Teens start training at 16 some earlier." It's strange. He gives me an update like I'm the one in charge. "So what do you think, Alpha?"

"Ummm... thanks... it all sounds good. Training is set up the same as Midnight Moon which seems to be working well. Everything looks amazing. You've done well Mr. Richard." I tell him.

"Thank you, Alpha. We've tried to hold down the fort... how's your training been going?" He asks.

"Does Ari not give you updates?" I respond.

"Weekly, but I want to hear it from you. Started any good fires lately? Fought massive groups of rogues without backup?" I sigh knowing a lecture is coming.

"The fire was contained. People just overreacted. I thought it was just one rogue till his buddies showed up... I guess you know why I was sent up here then." I explain.

"To remember who you are. I also know you are a certified genius, devoted to your training, and have a love for people, especially pups, that most people will never acquire. You will be an amazing Alpha when you grow up if you allow yourself to grow up." Mr. Richard says. Not exactly a lecture.

"Thank you," I mumble unsure how to respond.

"No thanks needed for the truth. Spend some time with your pack. You are missed. We all want our Alpha back. We still have 7 years until you are proven but a visit was long overdue." He says as we reach my room for the week. "Sleep well little Alpha. I'll see you in the morning."

"Good night Mr. Richard, EV." I address each of them as Mr. Richard leads EV to her room.

I'm home.