Trying to make peace

Start from the beginning

" Yeah, yeah, it basically makes our electricity bills cheaper." Miss Grey said annoyed, but I shook my head.

" Wha.. no, no. This is much more interesting than that. If the expansion is completed, you won't even have to pay for electricity anymore. Ever. How things are working right now, you can see a clear change, and not only in the bills Ms. Grey." I said, waiting for an another question. Sometimes I helped Dr. Gaster with some plans, and I managed to remember some things that he said.

" Hmm.. How does this "Core" work exactly?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

" Well basically, it converts geothermal energy into magical electricity by using the core chambers down in the underground. The chambers have turbines with magnets that allow electricity to go from magical to..." Doctor Gaster explained, just to notice Miss Jessica's face. She didn't understand what the doctor said, so I tried to summarize it.

" It makes electricity with heat. A non-polluting, unlimited, self-sustaining power source. " I said, hoping that I said it right. Gaster smiled and nodded, confirming what I said.

" But of course, none of that would matter if all the parties don't sign the agreement in the conference tomorrow. The AMD would cancel all my research projects and would put the Core's expansion to end." Gaster said, and for just a mere second, Miss Grey looked interested in this, and felt genuinely sorry for her previous cold acting.

" Alright, it seems like you are finished here, right? May I suggest that you go to Toriel's school?" I suggested, then sighed as my phone started buzzing. I quickly pulled it out of pocket, noticing that it was my mom who was calling me.

" My apologies. I'll excuse myself." I said, quickly walking into the inner laboratory. I swiped the button to the right side, picking up the call. 

" Hey Mom. What's up? Did something happen?" I answered the phone, knowing that mom only bothered to call me when something important happens. I heard that the others continued talking in the other room, but I guess it wasn't important. 

" Sorry for calling you while you're at the Doctor's, but I really need you to pick up Daisy from the school. Your father is out of town, and I have a ton of work here. I even heard that Rave was going to come to the city, so in the forthcoming days, I can't go home sweetie." She said, and I heard her sadness in the way she talked. Since was Dad was framed of intended monster homicide, Miss Grey sent her away to deliver some papers to a city. I nodded, letting out a tired sigh in the process. 

" Alright, I'll get it done Mom. Do we have food at home? If not, I'll make some spaghetti." I said with a small grin, as she knew how I sucked at cooking. 

" Feel free to make. Your sister loved it last time. I have got to go now. See you later sweetie, love you!" She hurried away, ending the call. I put my phone away and walked back to the others. Miss Grey looked at me, not knowing what happened.

" Is there a problem?" She asked, and I simply shaked my head.

" There isn't any. Mind if I go with you to Mrs. Toriel's school? I need to pick up my little sister." I said, scratching the back of my neck while smiling like a goof.

" Of course! Right, Miss Grey?" Frisk asked with a smile, and she rolled her eyes,waving with her hand.

" Yeah, yeah. Come. You'll be on the passenger's seat next to me." She said as we exited the house. Miss Grey opened the car, and we jumped in and she started the engine. We started going towards Toriel's school, which was in the other side of the city.

" Hey, you and Betty don't even know each other right, Lukas?" Frisk asked, turning to me. I turned to the girl sitting behind me, smiling.

" I'm Betty. I don't think we've met before! Is silver your original hair color? It's so awesome!" She squealed, chuckling. She was energetic, that's a fact. I tried to ask her where she came from or who are her parents,but she always avoided those questions. She reminded me of someone I knew, but my memories seemed to be a bit.. foggy.

We reached the school, and Frisk instantly hurried in, most likely to see Toriel.

" Mom!" He exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air and hugging Toriel.

" Hello there, my child. What are you doing here Frisk?" She asked, but before he could answer, I felt that someone was running towards me. I quickly turned around, just to see my little sister jumping towards me, most likely to make me catch her.

" Big brooo!" She said, chuckling as she landed in my arms. I nearly dropped her suddenly, but then I managed to slowly put her down.

" We're here to show Miss Grey how you teach humans to use their magic!" Frisk said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes at Daisy, who giggled. A smile appeared on my face, as if she was happy, then I was happy too.

" Well... I can ask one of the children to help me out-" Toriel started to say before my sister interrupted her.

" Me! Me! I wanna help!" She said with a big smile on her face.

" Well then, if you insist my child. Thank you." Toriel said,then Daisy stepped to her. Toriel opened her hand and a soul appeared in her palm. It was switching from purple to light blue, and vice versa. It clearly showed that my parent's traits were with her.

" You see Miss Grey, children here have magical abilities. I can see their traits and if they're able to use said magic. Oh, your soul has gotten stronger Daisy! I'm so proud of you my little sunshine!" She said, and then, Miss Grey suddenly walked away. As I heard, she was crying as she ran away, all of us wondering why she had to leave so suddenly.

We wouldn't see her until the Congress, but I must get ready to be a representative of the monsters there.

Heya, everybody! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It looks like we kinda dropped into the first episode of Season 2! Let's see how the Congress will go, shall we? See you all in the next chapter!