02 | more is more

[ m o r e i s m o r e ]

♥ talisa ♥

PEOPLE REALLY NEEDED to think before opening their mouth. Was it that difficult? Fine, I guess it was difficult when you didn't have a brain but that's wasn't my issue.

Ever since Louisa had left, I'd tried my best to get along with Ashlei but moments like this made me question why the hell she was still my friend. The only thing I gained from being around her was a damn headache.

I'd blame it on the circumstances because trust me if I could choose who sat around the most influential circular table of Forteaux, the blonde airhead would have immediately been vetoed.

There go subverting stereotypes.

My eyes moved away from her to the pathway in between the dining tables. An air of majesty trailed Gabriel as he stalked out of the hall, face even harder than its usual stone.

If a photo were taken of him, nothing more than a brooding, handsome man would be captured yet that couldn't have been more inaccurate. In real life, there was an overwhelming frightening aura surrounding him and ruthlessly suffocating the hall.

Gabriel was currently a ticking time bomb, threatening to explode after being reminded of something he'd been trying to forget.

Or somebody.

A scowl grew on my face at the fact that the mere thought of someone could cause such a reaction from him. I irritated my wrapped my long forest green nails tighter around my handbag.

If she could cause a reaction, I could too.

The murmurs in the background were interrupted by a shrill voice. "Gabriel! Wai-"

I whipped my head to the left to see the 5ft 4 brunette stand up with worried blue eyes. She was wearing a tight red dress that left little to the imagination. "Shut up, Lexi. Don't act like you know what he's going through."

"I'm not," she responded, eyes still glued to Gabriel's broad back. I caught her add something on in a whisper, "He shouldn't be alone."

I couldn't help but laugh shortly. Almost half a year in and I wasn't getting the credit I deserved.

"Alone? He's not fucking alone." My voice was sharp as I snapped at her. People were stupid if they still couldn't understand who I was. "What are you trying to say? I'm right here."

Behind the tiny brunette was a tall man with a sharp face and flat chin, encased in a light stubble. He shot me a gentle yet warning look. "Talisa, calm down. That's not what she meant."

I dug my nails into my palms to stop my cheeks from flushing pink in embarrassment. A hundred pairs of eyes were on me and Prince's questioning of my authority was not a good look.

"I'm sure Lexi can speak for herself, Parvais." His golden eyes flashed but dulled in defeat within mere seconds.

Stepping backwards, I gave him a quick once over before locking eyes with a huge baby blue pair.

A flame of irritation sparked in my heart at how innocent she looked. Recently, she'd taken it upon herself to act like some heavenly saint and to be completely honest, it jarred me like crazy.

"I just don't want somebody to get hurt. Last time, Gabriel put Timothee in hospital. If that happens again, I doubt the head teacher and pastoral will be as forgiving."

I smirked in satisfaction at the reminder. I'd always hated Timothee. He'd always had it coming. Giving her a condescending smile, I raised an eyebrow, "That's not going to happen. And even if that was the case, I'm sure you'd be able to convince him. He seems to have a soft spot for you, doesn't he? Although it's quite the opposite of soft."