7. week two

the next three days passed and for most of it wren was at school, but for a lot of it, her and jon grew closer. they were up to the sixth installment of saw, careful not to fall asleep on each other, but they always ended up falling asleep smushed together somehow someway. part of them knew they enjoyed the company. they had gotten jon a small sketchbook and some pencils and pens; and jon was mostly on cooking the days they didn't get takeout. before they knew it the first week was over. jon was extremely fond of wren; she was an incredible friend and made life so much easier to be around. he also was gonna kidnap her cat when he left for sure. 

wren got back home from school late the first night of the second week, he heard the door slam shut from his room. he was sketching his feelings; namely the complicated ones he couldn't put his fingers on. the door slam only got him because wren was very low every after long days of school. he left his room to check on her but she just gave him her phone.

'Screamer Of Dance Gavin Dance seen with new girlfriend in public: where's Angelina?'

'fans catch Jon Mess taking long break from tour with brunette'

'Source confirms Unclean Vocalist of Dance Gavin Dance has a new girlfriend'

he looks with apologetic eyes to her. her face is blank. "so my mom found out through tabloids about something that's not even real."

"how'd she take it? did you tell her it's fake news?"

she took off her jacket, taking her hair out of its big bun. "she said my dad would be ashamed i'm whoring myself out with a goth guy. her words." she nodded. she sat down on the couch. he sat with her as she scrolled through twitter, under the search "jon mess"

randomfan827556: oh my god. jon's girlfriend is so fucking pretty!!

randomfan837363: jon deserves better

randomfan999127761: jon has been such a terrible friend to the band tbh. i bought tickets for jon not will!!

jon took a deep breath in. "i'm so sorry wren." she kept scrolling. "wren, don't look." he reached over and shut her phone off. "they're random people criticizing someone they don't know."

"she looks so dirty, he shouldn't look twice." wren quotes, wiping the bottom of her eyes. "jon, i took enough of this shit in high school for everything. my race, my family, my dad. i don't need the comments online."

he took out his phone, opening twitter. "it won't fix everything but i'll set the record straight alright?" he said. "but you have to promise me you'll shut off your phone for the rest of the night."

she nodded. "okay."

jonmess: Me and the girl you guys won't shut up about aren't together. She's an incredibly close friend who's helping me get back on my feet in a rough patch. Not that any of you care, but i'm allowed to have friends. Leave her the fuck alone." he hit send.

wren leaned on him. "he would be ashamed of who i am." she nodded. "my moms right.

"wren. no." he asserted, facing her. "what would ever make you think that?"

"i'm not who they planned i would be. i'm always gonna think i could've stopped him."

he pulled wren into a hug immediately. "you know that's not true wren. you couldn't have stopped him."

she nodded. "sorry i can't be an optimist all the time."

"why would you be sorry for that?" he asked. "i can be the glass half full guy sometimes." he rubbed her back.

-

"how could i have predicted?" tilian days over the phone. "hopefully the tweet makes it go away. i was really hoping we wouldn't have to make a statement..."