thirty-five

•sadie pov•

a couple days after i had given andy the song, i walked into his house and saw him sitting at the counter with his head in his hands.

"baby hey what's wrong?" i asked, immediately wrapping my arms around him.

i heard him sniffle and i felt my heart drop. whatever was wrong was clearly bothering him.

"it's just stuff with the band. things haven't been good lately and i'm just so stressed out and all i want to do is to just drink it away but i want to stop drinking. everything is just going wrong," he cried.

"hey hey, listen. you are the strongest person i know and i know you can power through anything. i am so proud of you and i'm even more proud that you want to stop drinking. i'll even stop with you. we can move to the couch and we can talk about what's up," i said softly, holding his face in my hands.

he nodded and we slowly got up and moved so i had his head in my lap, and started to run my fingers through his hair to relax him.

"well it's just been going on since the start you know? ashley has always said negative stuff about the records and the band for years and i just put up with it until now. things aren't like they used to be and this tour is so soon and everyone just doesn't have the same energy. i don't know what to do," he said.

"i understand that. are you worried that since you guys are all going to be on a bus together things could get ugly?" i asked.

"yeah i guess so," he nodded.

"here's what i think then. i say that for this tour, you should get a separate bus for yourself. this situation is clearly worrying you and making you upset and who knows what'll happen during tour. also, if you're getting sober you can have your own bus to get away from the drinking mindset. does that make sense?" i suggested.

"that's a great idea, i think i'm gonna start writing my album too. with your help of course, and if i have a separate bus there can be more room for you and i, and you could have bev come and stay a few nights," he smiled.

my heart immediately fluttered.

"you want me to go with you?" i smiled at him.

"of course i do, but i want to make sure with your schedule and everything that you can," he said, sitting up.

"i might have to stay back for a few weeks but of course i'll go with you. i want to help you write," i said.

"i'm sorry i didn't ask earlier and i knew it was bothering you. i was just super stressed out. but that's still not a good excuse. i'm sorry angel," he frowned.

"baby, don't apologize. you have a lot going on and you could've asked me the night before you left if i wanted to go and i would still say yes," i smiled, kissing his cheek.

"i love you so much," he smiled back.

"i love you more," i beamed.

"dude of course i'm gonna visit on tour do you think i'm crazy?" bev asked, sitting across from me at the coffee bar.

"well i just wanted to make sure. the bus we're getting will have plenty of room for you and mike to stay too if you both can make it," i said, playing with my fingers.

"of course i'll be there. you're my best friend and andy is your boyfriend i'm obviously gonna support you two," she smiled, squeezing my hand.

"thank you bev i seriously love you and don't know what i'd do without you," i smiled back.