Chapter 4

"But there, is a lightIn the dark, and I feel its warmthIn my hands, and my heartWhy can't I hold on?It comes and goes in waves

In the dark, and I feel its warmth
In my hands, and my heart
Why can't I hold on?
It comes and goes in waves.
It always does, it always does."

Freya's POV

Freya's POV

Looking out of my window, I deeply sighed as I tried to take in the fresh air outside. It was a short night but, I got enough sleep thankfully, and I didn't feel too overwhelmed with everything. The sun had only risen about an hour or so ago, and I did my best to enjoy the peace of the new morning but being a Lycan.. my senses were always heightened, and sadly, I could still pick up on the small rustling being heard from the kitchen ever since it woke me up.

I gulped softly. He's still here..  

Surely enough, I was going to try and dismiss the entirety of last night, but it was growing more difficult to do so as he continued to make his presence known. Standing up from the window seat, I walked over to the door and opened it. As I approached the kitchen, the noise had seized. Walking into the kitchen, I saw the man himself.. Griffan. Standing against the counter with a cup of coffee in his hand.

I walked over to the pantry as I averted my eyes from him. He continued watching me as I grabbed some ginger tea and honey. Placing the kettle on the stove, I spoke.

" You left the bathroom light on.. " I muttered, and he placed the cup on the counter.

" ...That's because you like to leave it on at night. " His voice rang out, and I shrugged, looking over to him. 

" Sometimes I like to turn it off.. you don't know, " I said, leaving room for him to correct me and let me know if he had been watching me my entire time here. 

" You left it off one night, and that's because you needed to buy a new light bulb. " And without any shame .. just like that, he cleared my suspicion. 

" Well, it seems like you know more than you ought to about me.. That reminds me, why are you in my home? " I asked nonchalantly, and he sighed.

" I don't particularly enjoy.. when others question my actions.. "