Chapter 8

"Oh, misty eye of the mountain belowKeep careful watch of my brothers' soulsAnd should the sky be filled with fire and smokeKeep watching over Durin's sonsIf this is to end in fire, then we should all burn togetherWatch the flames climb high into ...

Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls
And should the sky be filled with fire and smoke
Keep watching over Durin's sons
If this is to end in fire, then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night"

"Oh, misty eye of the mountain belowKeep careful watch of my brothers' soulsAnd should the sky be filled with fire and smokeKeep watching over Durin's sonsIf this is to end in fire, then we should all burn togetherWatch the flames climb high into ...

Kannon's POV

Walking into the pack house, I was met by the screeching sound of one of the younger children. Upon entering the room they were in, my jaw clenched in annoyance as I noticed how one of my wives, Heidi, was treating our child.

" Why the hell won't he stop crying?! " She snarled as she tried to force the bottle into his mouth while he wailed helplessly. She was growing more restless, as was he, and I knew exactly why. Freya's presence in the pack house was greatly missed by everyone for different reasons.

While the children missed the mother figure they once had and my wives missed the free maid and nanny that lifted the responsibilities of the home and their children.. I missed her. I missed the power I had over her, the control I had, and the defiance and fight in her that made me slowly more obsessed. It fucking pissed me off how she was able to get away from me so easily.

I missed toying with her.. seeing her powerless and begging for my mercy. I missed how caring she was with the children despite her hate towards me. No matter how much I despised her.. I needed her back. She was to be the future Luna of this pack, ruling by my side and bearing the rest of my children..

Approaching Heidi, I picked up our son, and she looked up at me with anger written all over her face. As I placed the bottle gently into his mouth, his cries subsided slightly.

" It's all that fucking bitch's fault. She's made our children hate their own mothers. "

" Do you really think she should be taking all of the blame? " I muttered as he slowly stopped crying, and she stood angrily.

" Of course, she should! Why are you defending her? It's not like she gave birth to them or carried them all for months on end. "

" And who raised them? " I asked, taking a seat on the rocking chair and he slowly closed his eyes, wanting to take a nap. She scoffed as she looked at me in disbelief, and before she was able to speak, Beta Simon stepped into the room.