Chapter 1

"I won't be silenced, you can't keep me quiet Won't tremble when you try itAll I know is I won't go speechless'Cause I'll breathe, when they try to suffocate meDon't you underestimate me'Cause I know that I won't go speechless"

Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless
'Cause I'll breathe, when they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless"

"I won't be silenced, you can't keep me quiet Won't tremble when you try itAll I know is I won't go speechless'Cause I'll breathe, when they try to suffocate meDon't you underestimate me'Cause I know that I won't go speechless"

Freya's POV

" No, no, no, don't cry! " I whispered to the baby in my hand as I tried to rock him to sleep, but his eyes were just wide awake, and his cries were awful. I pulled him closer as I tried to shush him silently when the door bursted open, and the head maid of the packhouse entered the room.

" Can't you do anything right? All I ask of is a simple task, and you can't even put the Alpha's child to bed? " I sighed internally as I bit my tongue, hoping she would stop her condescending comments she was hurtling towards me.

Sadly, she continued. " You're lucky the Alpha is so forgiving towards runts like you. I have never in my life seen such an ungrateful little girl not appreciating what her pack can give her and the opportunities that await you. You should be ashamed of yourself! " She spoke in a hurry, and I found a fault in every sentence she scolded. The 'Alpha' of this pack is not forgiving, nor is he a real Alpha, to begin with. The secrets he holds behind his facade are only apparent to those who have to face his wrath, which so happens to be me. Secondly, how can I be ungrateful when all my entire life I've been through hell.

Ripped away from my parents, who are probably still somewhere out there, and being stuck in the packhouse for the last 20 years of my life taking care of someone else's children or belongings. Martha, the woman who came charging at me like a raging bull, has so-called 'trained me' to be the perfect wife or housemaid since I couldn't possibly amount to anything more than washing dishes and changing dirty diapers.

There are no opportunities that await me. Other than living in constant fear of other male wolves trying to stake their claim on me, this pack has and will never do anything for me. The Alpha is a disgusting man in my correct and honest opinion. Manipulating women and having multiple mates is just taking advantage of our choice to chose who we want to be with. It was never like this. Back then, we were able to find our soulmates from the moon goddess, but unfortunately, they wanted more. They even found a way so that mate bonds would be by choice, and we could do whatever we wanted without any remorse.