Chapter 7

"I don't wanna run from a bulletGotta leave my candlelight burningIf it goes out, I would lose itGotta let my candlelightBurn, burn, burn"

Gotta leave my candlelight burning
If it goes out, I would lose it
Gotta let my candlelight
Burn, burn, burn"

"I don't wanna run from a bulletGotta leave my candlelight burningIf it goes out, I would lose itGotta let my candlelightBurn, burn, burn"

Freya's POV

Sitting by the children, I read to them softly as they found joy in all other aspects of my clothing and hair rather than focusing on the characters in the book. Nonetheless, I felt happy to oblige to their curious questions about why my hair was soft or why I liked my socks grey. They were rather interesting questions.. but important for them..

As they lay sprawled out around me and cuddled into my side, Lilliana and her grandmother entered the room with a few snacks in hand for them.

" Alright, little ones. Let's give Ms. Freya some time to herself, hmm? You all have been clinging to her since the morning. " Irene said, laughing, and the children soon made their way over to the apple crumb I'd made a bit earlier and some crackers.. 

Standing up myself, I washed my hands and helped feed the children as well. It was almost time for them to be picked up, and after assisting, I went to grab their bags and shoes. Slowly but surely, their parents came to pick them up, and I bid them goodbye as they left.

As I leaned down to clean the face of one of the little ones, the door chimed, and I heard a familiar voice.

" Hey, Freya, " Hudson said, and I smiled as his little sister, Alice, squealed, happy to see him.

" Hi, Hudson. How was your day? " I asked, and he sighed.

" Tiring. Try being the son of a Beta who doesn't know what it means to take a break. "

" Hmmm, dealing with these little guys, I'd say I have you beat in terms of having a break. " I smiled, and he chuckled.

" You got me there.. " He laughed, and I looked down to see Alice holding onto my hand as she ate her snack. Smiling down at her, I nodded to the door. " I'll walk you guys outside. "

" Thanks. I'd appreciate it. " He replied, and we made our way to the door as I swung Alice's hand much to her happiness. As we exited, Hudson grabbed Alice's other hand and looked up at me.