The Childish Break-Up

Katrina's Point of View

New York, The US

I made up my mind not to check his 'last seen status' and read his message anymore. My whole day had been ruined because of him. He had logged in, a while ago but he didn't even feel a mere need of replying me back. This was the longest fight we have ever had. I picked up my cell to text him something rude so that at least he will call me to have an argument but, I put it back on the table. The thought was too childish.

It was nearly five in the morning. Working till late night had been our habit since early days. We used to be up and chat about all the unrelated topics on earth. I do not remember a single day when we had talked about love. It was never like lovebirds soaked in love syrup. It was always about evil demons loving to roast each other. And that was why we decided to be together because we loved to kill each other by ribbing at every point. The thought of our love and the fight combined together was making me a goner now. I checked in to whatsapp again to read our conversations. I did it always when we fought. I recalled that I went mad when he refused to accompany me to my friend's house for a party because he had some important job to be done. Due to his refusal I had to call my friend and make up a false reason for not turning up.

Vicky|Katrina

'Why won't you come with me?' I texted him. I was angry on him because he was in same city as me and yet refused to come with me or meet up.

'Because I have some important arrangements to be done before I leave for Mumbai in a week'  He replied back.

'It has always been about you and your work. You do not have any time for me, do you? Next month is my birthday and you will be leaving in a couple of days and what will I be doing? Waiting for you to make a call or say 'its fine' when you even forget to wish and fake that I am not mad at you even when I would be. Am I not important to you? Enough of all this drama and busy life of yours where there is no room for me.'  I texted fuming

'I hate long texts. I do not have time to read this and waste my energy.' His reply came. 

'Ok fine. Read this... I WANT A BREAK-UP.' I texted this words and threw my phone to some corner.

Pushing all the thoughts aside I decided to go to bed. As soon as I got up from the couch my cell rang. I searched for my phone and saw it was a message from him. I quickly grabbed my cell and opened the text. My heart was thudding in my ears as I read the words 

'I m waiting in front of the house. Come downstairs as we need to talk.'  It said.

Well, sincerely I had expected to fight over a phone-call and not face to face. Why is he calling me outside when he can come inside easily? It was about six in the morning and I took a look in the mirror. Even though we were fighting, I always wanted to look good to him. I saw I had eye-boogers and my hair was a mess. I washed my face, used my mouth-wash and looked into the mirror. I applied mild lip balm to my lips to regain the pink tinge, moisturiser as it was winter and I did not by any chance want to expose my dry face to him. I used some hair gel and left my hair untied. I heard my phone ringing but ignoring it, I went to put on my woollen top and my trousers. I knew he would be taking me on a walk since it was our favourite. I put my scarf around my neck and slipped my feet in a pair of sneakers, not forgetting to grab his muffler from my wardrobe because I knew he would be without one which would get him cold and I always took a piece of his clothing to my outdoors so that I can hug it and sleep as it smelled of him. I checked my looks in the mirror for the last time when I received another call from him. I had the call taken and said that I was coming to which he told me to be fast, in a calm tone and I could tell by his tone that he was not mad anymore.