Wedding Bells

December 5, 2021.

Oberois Exquisite, Mumbai, Maharashtra.

Vicky Kaushal's Point of View

Oh my god! Do you ever feel so ecstatic and happy and excited that you can hear your own heartbeat? Yes? Then that's exactly what I am feeling right now. I will be a married man in less than a week to the love of my life. Two years back, if someone would have said that I will fall in love with the superstar who will love me back equally and I will be married to her in two years' time, I would have laughed at their face. But here we are with 'The Katrina Kaif'. No, My Katrina Kaif. 

The way she has evolved me as a person is so beautiful. I have changed for the better and am very happy and when you see your families getting, even more, happier than you then that's even more beautiful. 

"Vicky! Are you ready?" Sunny barges into my room when I was in my dreamland.

"Sunny see na, this kurta's button is stuck. Help me!" I said getting irritated by that button.

"What were you doing till now? Are you mad? Don't you know Katrina and her family are coming to our home for the first time? Your wedding festivities are beginning and look at you. They have probably left Guldev Sagar and would be reaching anytime soon." Sunny kept scolding me as he helped me out with that kurta button.

As he mentions her family visiting, I get excited like a child. I cannot wait for them to come home and most importantly see her again. I met her yesterday but anyways I will never get enough of her. Katy, come soon!

"Oye! Dulhe raja! It's done. Jaa Dad ko help kar! I have to get ready too!" Sunny said as he took me out of my dreamland again. I smiled sheepishly, kissed his cheek, and left the room looking for dad. 

My whole house was decorated with fairy lights and flowers. Mom was instructing helpers to settle here and there while Dad was checking out the invitation hampers. 

"Maa, Dad" I called them and they smiled beautifully when they saw me.

"How do I look?" I asked and twirled around to hear their laughter. 

"Nazar na lage!" Maa came forward and put kala teeka behind my ear and pulled me down to kiss my forehead. I hugged her in return while I looked up at Dad to find him with teary eyes. 

"Dad!" I whined as I had instructed no tears should be allowed.

"It's due to happiness puttar!" I smiled and hugged him as well not before touching their feet. 

Soon the bell rang and I practically ran towards the door to open it much to my dismay I greet Anand, Amrit, Angira, and Sharvari.

"Excuse me. what is this welcome?" Anand asked as he pushed me inside and barged in.
"Are you seeing that aunty? Shaadi hone se pehle hi badal gaya aapka puttar!"

"Arre, I wasn't expecting you guys! I was waiting for Katr-"

"Ha, ha why would you expect us from now onwards!" Amrit said dramatically and leaned on Angira's shoulder.

"Dost dost na raha!" Angira sang in her horrible voice while Sharvari laughed at our maniac clan.

We had also invited Kabir bhai and Mini but they couldn't make it because they were busy promoting 83 and they would need to wrap it up before jetting off for the wedding.

"Very funny guys but shut up and behave in front of Katy and her family!" I instructed them.

"We will see!" Amrit said smiling sheepishly to which Maa and Dad laughed.